Review of Always Before Me

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fridah Munjiru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridah-munjiru.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Review of Always Before Me

Post by Fridah Munjiru »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Always Before Me by John Servant is a story about how people can succeed even after failing. This is clear from narration of Father Richard about Father Anthony and Father Paul who spent part of their life in prison. Father Anthony's life changed after serious accusations of seeking sexual favors. This has greatly affected his career and he ends up being suspended. His new life begins at the prison as a chaplain. Here, he suffers from his failures. He later began a journey of faith which led to his success. Father Paul is imprisoned for failing to go against his oaths as a priest. His good work is visible and has a great impact to the prisoners. His teachings attracts many followers who start to seek the kingdom of God. Not all prisoners appreciated his work and some end up hating him. He believes that God has a reason as to why he had to go to the prison and this was to bring back the lost sheep back to the ways of truth. The author also narrates about Matt who is a psychologist in the prison. He had lost his job and family as a result of his evil actions. He later changes after meeting Father Anthony. This shows how we can still reform our ways and Christ will accept us despite our faults. The work of Father Anthony and Father Paul left a great impression on those who interacted with them. Their teachings makes Matt question God about evil actions but the response he receives from Father Richard made him realise that he was sent there by God for a reason and he has to do something.

This book is easy to read as the language used is well chosen. It also has few pages therefore, one can read it quite a number of times. The narration is based on what people face in their life and especially how one can be accused of something they did not do. The teachings used are supported by bible verses which makes it more interesting to read. The main characters are deeply discussed making the reader understand each of them well.

I did not find anything negative about the book. There is no grammatical error or any typing errors. It is professionally edited. I also did not find any profanity.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because it made me realise that it is never too late to change our perspective as well as our ways. It also made me understand that God has a reason as to why we exist or face challenges.

I would recommend this book to readers who would like to view life in a different perspective as well as change their bad ways and live a christian life.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”