Review of Always Before Me

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Juliet James
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-james.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review of Always Before Me

Post by Juliet James »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Always before me by John Servant is a short story detailing the temptations and perseverance of a priest who exhibits an otherworldly humility, sacrifice and trust in God. This priest was not favored by man because of his overly righteous ways he refused to do wrong, refused to do what other people were doing or would have done . He lives his life in a way that we only read in books about saints and this lifestyle of his helped change a lot of people in his environment making him friends as well as powerful enemies. Will he succumb to the will of the people?

A positive aspect I should point out would be one of the moral lessons of the book, it shows us who we truly are as humans and how we react to someone being different. When someone doesn't conform to majority or popular opinion, they make a lot of enemies. The book was realistic about the treatment the priest and eventually, the end. Humans will try to bring you down at all costs if you are not on their side.

However, I do think some sermons on the book went on for a little bit longer than it should and it gets exhausting to read, this won't be a problem if you're looking to expand your faith or learn new bible verses.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The story line is well put together, the plots well executed and the book well edited. This story is realistic and relatable, kept me glued to the end.

This book is recommended for people looking to strengthen their faith and those facing challenges in their lives. This book reminds you of the promises of God and it has bible passages to help you through great suffering and temptations.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”