Review of Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lovely Joy B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-joy-b.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Review of Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In

Post by Lovely Joy B »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In" by Harold Toliver.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mystic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver is, I must say, a well-researched book that combines natural philosophies and beliefs, history, science and nature, as well as literature – all rolled into one. It was a comprehensive 297-page non-fiction book that criticizes misconceptions that still exist up to now, regardless of the modern and progressive we have now. It is an in-depth discussion of what separates the truth from the lies, as well as how myths and illusions are still ubiquitous and appealing it was to us to this very day.

Truthfully, at first, the main reason why I wanted to read this book, is because I am mystified about the title itself. It is somewhat so interesting that it captured my curiosity. For a non-fiction book with this title, it can certainly make readers’ inquisitiveness arise in no time. With that, I want to congratulate the author on coming up with such a genius title. As I read the book, I am baffled at how the Toliver managed to start combining such massive information into one – extraordinarily complementing each other’s details and managing the pros and cons of human perception towards reality even before humanity began. I am quite astonished at how he started explaining human’s own reality and connected it to the society where he was living from. What are the actual, the hypothetical, and the utterly false? I commend the author for how concise yet thorough he discussed the distinction between imagination and reality.

Indeed, this is a great book, but the thing is, it may be a hard time for the readers to digest and comprehend the true purpose of the book because of the chosen words used as well as the well-researched information presented. It was too difficult to read, and it took me some time to fully understand what it wanted to convey.

Other than that, I still rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Regardless of how in-depth the words used are that average readers might not easily enjoy it, the mere fact that it gave us another set of richer knowledge to look on to, was another thing to commend of.

I can recommend this book to students and readers who are interested in discovering a wider range of in-depth knowledge of reality and how it worked through the years. I personally suggest being open-minded once you open this book to read because it contains criticisms that might be sensitive and can contradict your opinion and beliefs.

Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”