Review of Always Before Me

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peter Abura
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-abura.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Review of Always Before Me

Post by Peter Abura »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the world today, many people have lost sight of the most precious promises of God because of the tragedy and sorrow they see in the world around them. They say, "If God is love, why does He permit such evil to plague his children?" Always Before Me by John Servant provides expert guidance on how to deal with such devastating circumstances.

John wrote about maintaining faith in God amidst every challenging situation. He recognized and emphasized the importance of full surrender to the almighty God. He begins by giving a story of Father Paul, a Catholic priest who was falsely accused, imprisoned and later mudered without denying his faith in God. The same fate faced father Anthony whose acts of forgiveness run deep inside Mat who is a non-believer. John conscisely went on to outline the steps to take when all hope seems lost.

I found this book very encouraging. For instance in paragraph six of page 29, Father Al says,"My son, the purpose for suffering is not apparent to us, and yet we know everything is part of God's plan." It turned out to be more of a surmon of hope to me. The book was accompanied by explanations and illustrations quoted from the bible. It also contains mixed tone that kept changing my mood from sad, sympathetic to happy at different times. Suspens in the book again kept me constantly wanting to know what would happen next. Catholic religion was also expressed explicitly in a way that even atheists could understand. The flow of the book with no noticed errors made me really enjoy the book. There was nothing I disliked about the book.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The author not only explained what life of a true believer should be but also supported his explanations with relvant bible verses. The book was also exceptionally well edited.

My recommendation for this book goes to those undergoing temptations of the world and thinking that all hope is lost. This book gives them assurance of the undying love that only come from God. Those interested in learning more about Catholic religion will also find this book helpful.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”