Review of Always Before Me

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JoyEdet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyedet.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review of Always Before Me

Post by JoyEdet »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Always Before Me, by John Servant, is a Christian story that tells about the life of three men, Father Paul, Father Anthony, and Matthew Ryan, and how they were wounded up in the same prison. It is a book that depicts what to do when your sins and failures are behind you.

Father Paul was an assistant priest at St. Anne. It so happened that he heard the confession of a young man, Blood, in the confessional. The man had admitted to killing a policeman and his wife, along with his friends, for justly doing nothing. Father Paul had advised that he turn himself to the police and reform his life in the church. Blood had done the latter but the former, he refused. A police investigation had carried on the following day and had traced the evidence all to Blood. However, the proof was far from indisputable. They found a prayer card in Blood's pocket which led to Father Paul and had questioned him but Father Paul could not speak because the confessional was holy and not to be disclosed. He was trialed and sentenced for obstruction of justice.

Father Anthony, who was a young priest, was accused of having made sexual advances towards a girl in his class. He was quiet while prosecuted and restricted from teaching in the school. This took a toll on his career as a teacher and his reputation. He was later appointed as a prison chaplain.

Matthew Ryan, a young teacher, was also, publicly accused of seeking sexual endorsements in trade for good grades. This ruined his reputation as he could no longer find a job as a teacher. He stumbled on an ad that informed him of the prison seeking a teacher and applied. How do they all find their way from the unfair indictments on them?

These three were judged by the accusations upon them even by those close to them who seemed to ignore them. They were all wronged from the world and sought consolation from God. However, after the passing of Father Anthony which followed after Father Paul, John Daly, Father Anthony's nephew comes to the prison to seek the inheritance his uncle had left for him. He is sat down by Father Richard, a priest in the prison, and is curious about what kind of man his uncle was as he never knew him that well. After hearing all the allegations of these three men, does John Daly reform his life and seek absolution?

In reflection, I found this book significant to me as it conveyed many important earthly views and Christian values that I could personally apply in my life. The book is professionally edited and proofread. I found no error in the book and the plots were well structured. I also loved the message in the book. I learned a few lessons in the book, one of which was; Always put my failures behind me. The author, John Servant, did a very good job of getting the biblical themes across and writing a great Christian story. I enjoyed the author's writing style.

I did not find any negative aspect in the book as I found it to be an engaging read. The book is sure to hold you from the starting to the climax. I even had it finished in less than a day!

I found Always Before Me to be an easy and enjoyable read. At the end of it, I felt uplifted, vivacious, and apprised. I also felt empowered to do God's will in my life and for this reason, I rate the book a 4 out of 4 stars.

I highly recommend this book to Christian novels both teenagers and adults. Also, to those curious about the Christian views on topics like; abortion, the modern science of evolution, this book is for you.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
nc_gretel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nc-gretel.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by nc_gretel »

I'm so reading this book! Great review, keep it up
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Regard003 »

I've read this book and I wish I could have faith in God like Father Paul. The book was very uplifting too. This book is a must read to all. Awesome review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Ariella dazzle
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ariella-dazzle.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by Ariella dazzle »

The three men were accused and even in the midst of the difficulties they didn't lose their faith. This seem like a good book, I would like to read it. Nice review
Ritanuncia1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritanuncia1.html
Latest Review: The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Ritanuncia1 »

This is a very interesting review. I would love to read this book. Nice!
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

Sounds like a really interesting and convicting Christian book. Nice review.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
2022 Reading Goal: 5
2022 Goal Completion: 240%

Post by Themmie10 »

This sounds interesting and uplifting. Thanks for an honest review!
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

I don't think I've ever read a book with such a distinct plot and cast of characters. Already proves to be a promising book. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Uduak-Abasi E
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uduak-abasi-e.html
Latest Review: The Unlikely Cowboy by James E. Doucette
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Uduak-Abasi E »

The plot is heart wrenching. I can't imagine being accused and prosecuted unjustly. I wonder how they will all get past this. This book is great

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”