Review of Heroes of Atlantis

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aswathy Hariharan
Currently Reading: Messages from the Masters
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswathy-hariharan.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of Heroes of Atlantis

Post by Aswathy Hariharan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heroes of Atlantis" by Ryan Carriere.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, Heroes of Atlantis, by Ryan Carriere, narrates two separate journeys of two characters, Roeg and Sephonei. It is the first book of a two-book series. The book is narrated in a mythological and fantasy background. Roeg is a boy belonging to a clan. Although, he is visibly different from others of the clan, he tries his best to fit in. He faces a lot of struggles since he is constantly mocked of his inability to prove himself as a part of the clan. Sephonei is a girl who is abruptly taken off her home, Atlantis. She is sent on a task to find Dragon runes. She needs answers to many questions. As the story progresses, we find that both Roeg and Sephonei find themselves to possess some kind of power - a power of which they are not fully aware of how to use or control. Nevertheless, their instinct turns out to be for the better.

I loved the character of Sephonei, a strong girl who is quite persistent. Many instances throughout the story prove that she is a curious lady who is determined to have answers to her questions. Roeg, on the other hand, is less inquisitive of his past, even though he is aware that he is different from his clan. Situations and helplessness lead to him being curious about the unknown part of his life.

Compared to other fictional books I have read, this book follows simple language. I found the storyline of the book very interesting. The narration was quite clear and to the point. It filled the reader with empathy and strength towards the character. The book clearly brings out how the society treats the conventionally different people in a totally different perspective. Overall, I found the book has no negative aspect to it.

The book comes with illustrations of various characters and several fictional animals portrayed in the story. Additionally, the author uses countless creative words such as ‘tucksnort’r’ which reminded me of Roald Dahl. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read fiction, fantasy and mythology. Although the book seems to be written for children to teenage age group, it can be a good read for adults as well.

The book was exceptionally well edited and deserves a rating of four out of four stars. It was an easy-to-follow book with an adventurous plot.

Heroes of Atlantis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

This sounds like an interesting read. As a fan of mythology and mystery, I might give it a try, especially since you observed no negatives. Thank you for the insightful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”