Review of Bitcoin Answered

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Review of Bitcoin Answered

Post by OTrain Disene »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bitcoin Answered" by Jon Law.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cryptocurrency. Bitcoin. This is not the first time you have seen these words. You have heard people use them in conversations, especially on social media, saying how they are the future and that they are a very secure way of transferring and receiving money while remaining anonymous. While that may be true, to some extent, on the last part, there is still a lot of misconceptions when it comes to cryptocurrency. Some people still don’t know what they are, what they do, and why they are so important that they are on everyone’s lips these days. So this book aptly titled Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law is here for that. It is here to answer all the questions you may have about cryptocurrency and Bitcoin. It will also expose you to much more you didn’t know about them.

The first chapter is titled “What is Bitcoin.” The author gives this simple question a very straightforward answer in a few lines. Then the next chapter, titled “Who Started Bitcoin,” the author talks about Satoshi Nakamoto, who is still unknown to this very day. Some say it is the name of an individual, while others speculate that it is the name of a group of individuals, but a fact remains, no one knows for sure. A third chapter is titled “How Does The Bitcoin Work.” Here, the author explains, in very simple terms, how Bitcoin works, and he explains the technology behind it and the terminology like “blockchain” and “nodes.”

The rest of the book, in this question-and-answer method, dives deeper into Bitcoin. You will learn about mining, about graphs they use in their many different forms, learn about the security behind it, and even how the businesses worldwide are starting to appreciate cryptocurrency that they are integrating into their systems. You also get answers to the conspiracy theories behind Bitcoin and its competition.

I was clueless about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. That’s why I picked this book. But after turning the last page, I had more information than I could have imagined. There is really a lot about cryptocurrency, and if we want to learn, we shouldn’t soak up everything we read on the internet. The author is very much qualified to talk about this because he is writing a lot about cryptocurrency and investing, in general. So this isn’t something that he just woke up and decided to write about.

I love the question-and-answer method. It is different, and I must admit, wasn’t expected. Most books that promise to teach you about a particular subject beat around the bush, and only to do that at the end of the book. They make books about them, and not about the issue, but not this one. Here, it’s like the author researched all the questions that people mostly ask about Bitcoin, and he brought them together and answered them in a very easy manner. Then he presented them in the same fashion as FAQs of online sites.

The writing was very simple. There were no complicated sentences and big words that might intimidate people who speak English as their second language. There are graphs, and demonstrations at the end of some chapters, to show clearly what might have been wordy or tricky when explained in words. So even people who learn better by seeing will appreciate this aspect of the book.

I won’t lie, and say from one sitting it took me to finish this 213-paged book I now know everything about Bitcoin, that even if a kid might stop me on the road and ask me any question about Bitcoin, I will have the answer at ready, no. I will still have to reread some chapters so I can be one hundred percent on the same page.

I did not find anything I disliked that is worth mentioning. The book lived up to its promises and also did more than that. The author also touched on the negatives of Bitcoin, so he wasn’t biased in any way. He was just telling it like it is, so we can make up our informed minds about it.

Taking into account everything I said above, I don't see a reason why I shouldn't give this book a rating of four out of four stars. It deserves it. I can say it was edited professionally because I didn’t see any errors while I was reading it. It was just a smooth, sailing read. I strongly recommend it to people who are into finances, investments, and accounting because this book has so much to do with their field.

Bitcoin Answered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Although I am not that interested in bitcoin, your review was compelling. Thank you for an insightful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

This book seems very informative. Cryptocurrency is becoming more popular in todays world and this will help us understand it. Thanks for a great review! :D
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

I have read this book and it's a complete guide for the beginners who are interested in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the author answered specific questions based on numerous researches. Thanks for the good review.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

The knowledge this book offers about bitcoin is invaluable, and I recommend it to people who want to learn more about cryptocurrency. Thanks for the lovely review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”