Review of Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rashi Agrawal
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashi-agrawal.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review of Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery: The Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is a lovely book written in a first-person narrative in the voice of Inca, a Siberian cat and head of Inca and Company. Inca and Company is a detective agency run by Inca and her feline friends. It is the 7th standalone children’s book in the Diary of a Snoopy Cat series. The story starts when Inca and her siblings, along with their human mom, travel to Sri Lanka for a week-long vacation. Inca’s mom and siblings were having a great time on their vacation at their beach-side cottage. And Inca was ready to put on her detective hat when she heard about an antique sword being stolen from the Colombo Museum. Solo, their neighbour, was a famous detective who was invited to solve this case along with his canine friend, Terrance. Will Inca be able to lead the team to solve this new mystery? Will Inca and her team be able to reach home safely?

It is a quick and fun-filled read with beautiful and imaginative illustrations to inspire the minds of young readers. R. F. Kristi has done an excellent job of creating a great story plot to keep young readers absorbed. The characters are very well-defined. I also liked the fact that Kristi chose the naturally snoopy character of a cat to write a book. The author has incorporated different species into the story like cats, dogs, turtles, hamsters and elephants and introduced the kids to their varied traits. Multiple species of animals have been depicted as a cohesive team working towards a common goal. Although children might not be able to fully grasp this view, Kristi integrates the message of advancement, development and success by way of teamwork or collaboration. The author has also included a few snippets of heritage sites and local areas of Sri Lanka, which aim to educate kids about the country as well as their culture.

The author tries to teach various lessons throughout the book with the aim of incorporating important values into kids, such as teamwork, compassion, appreciation, empathy, vibrancy, affection, etc. The writing is easy to understand, with the exception of a few sophisticated words that could be difficult to understand by young readers. However, I think this aims to expand children's vocabulary by inculcating the culture of checking the dictionary right from an early stage. The illustrations and pictures in the book are really cute, but sometimes they do not perfectly relate to the plot details and are just depictions of one or a few characters that are being discussed.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book as an adult, and I think the kids will enjoy it too. For the reasons stated above, I give this book four out of four stars.

With a host of adorable characters with whom the reader will easily fall in love, this is a perfect book for young readers who enjoy animals and mysteries. Young kids can enjoy the book by asking their parents to read it aloud to them. This book could be great for kids to begin their reading journey as the characters and storyline will keep them hooked and create an interest in reading that they never knew existed.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mary Rose Cajayon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-rose-cajayon.html
Latest Review: 17 Laws of Nature by Maurice Huff

Post by Mary Rose Cajayon »

I love Inca, the detective cat. I think I will have this book for my 5- year-old kid because I want to teach him the values like friendship, teamwork and kindness. Thank you for the beautiful review!
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I read this book and I loved it. It’s such a great book for kids with many lessons to learn. Inca and her friends always save the day, while dragging you along their many, wondrous adventures. 😃😃
Rashi Agrawal
Currently Reading:

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

I read this book and I loved it. It’s such a great book for kids with many lessons to learn. Inca and her friends always save the day, while dragging you along their many, wondrous adventures. 😃😃
Thank you for going through my review. I hope your kid have a great time with this book. :techie-studyingbrown: :D
Last edited by Rashi Agrawal on 11 Feb 2022, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
Rashi Agrawal
Currently Reading:

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

Amynwankwo_ wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 03:19 I read this book and I loved it. It’s such a great book for kids with many lessons to learn. Inca and her friends always save the day, while dragging you along their many, wondrous adventures. 😃😃
That's absolutely true! They keep us entertained while teaching various important lessons of life.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

What an awesome review! You pointed out all the important features that make this book an interesting read for children and even adults!
Rashi Agrawal
Currently Reading:

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

Cristina M wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 11:08 What an awesome review! You pointed out all the important features that make this book an interesting read for children and even adults!
Thank you for taking out the time to go through my review. :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”