Review of The Party Line

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ema Urbanova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ema-urbanova.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Review of The Party Line

Post by Ema Urbanova »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Party Line" by Dennis D. Gagnon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The party line, written by Dennis D. Gagnon, is mysterious and educational science fiction. The author narrates his experience in the 70s when he was 17 years old and started working on his inner mind and willpower. He keeps himself in deep meditative states where he discovers that gods and different creatures are conventional in the world where we live.
While performing these unconscious states of mind he unintentionally caused his childhood best friend's death. The best friend's ghosts approach him with a demand for revenge on the monster that had killed him. While attempting to get revenge, he also has to deal with the monster trying to kill him as well. Will the author get revenge? Is he going to save himself? Isn't he just schizophrenic? The party line tells the writer's adventures while he was studying high school. During the journey, he describes how the world is full of gods, monsters, and different creatures which aren't seen at the first sight.

As someone who takes interest in spirituality, I undoubtedly enjoyed this book. The author had explained multiple theories while guiding the readers on his engaging travels. My favorite part is when young Dennis and his friend used to get out of trouble by just playing with psychological tricks. The book is named after 'The party line' effect, which is a theory about consciousness. It was interesting the whole time while he was talking about theories along with different stories. It was mixed all together which helped me to interconnect with the book.

Even though this book is very engaging it may be too hard for people that have never met with philosophy and the will of their mind. It has a very advanced vocabulary and it's certainly not easy to read for those who get simply distracted.

Overall I give this book 4 out of 4 stars, it was engaging and interestingly written the whole time. I appreciate that there were no grammar errors or mistakes. I wish I could re-read this book. Once I started reading, I didn't stop for hours.

I recommend this book for those who take interest in philosophy. It has lots of topics about consciousness and the consequences of your actions. It can also be a good start for those who want to read about a new subject. It's a book that can move you a step closer to your inner mind and your willpower.

The Party Line
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Shridhar S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-s.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Shridhar S »

I can relate to the pain of losing a best friend so I am looking forward to reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”