Review of The DrugTech Trilogy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bibi Farheen K
Currently Reading: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibi-farheen-k.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
2022 Reading Goal: 20
2022 Goal Completion: 5%

Review of The DrugTech Trilogy

Post by Bibi Farheen K »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The DrugTech Trilogy" by Marcel Victor Sahade.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade depicts the rise and downfall of the fictional pharmaceutical giant DrugTech. It follows events happening to a myriad of different characters in various settings.

Book one: Spellbound – The workings of DrugTech sets up the background of the story and details the effects of the powerful and mysterious drugs created by DrugTech in independent individuals and how Dr. Jamieson leads DrugTech in to becoming a highly profitable and influential institution.

Book Two: DrugTech – The Deep State Deepens revolves around how DrugTech manipulates politics, media and individuals to become all powerful. Backed by the government and having an iron-clad internet security system, they are able to control and corrupt information and people while not only remaining virtually untraceable but also becoming filthy rich in the process. However, their lack of responsibility (or disinterest) in the accidental victims of their plans and products, give rise to a trio interested in solving the mystery behind DrugTech.

In Book Three: DrugTech – The Final Dose, all the puzzle pieces start to fit together. Jake Peterson, Thomas Grayson and Patricia O'Leary team up in order to expose DrugTech's facade. It is all moves and counter moves until the Dominican Order’s predictions come true.

The storyline is intriguing and keeps the reader wanting to know more. At some point in the books, there is an interesting conversation about science versus religion (or science and religion), and for someone who studied science like myself and who is religious, it was refreshing to see a book complementing the two topics rather than pitting them against each other.

On the other hand, the sample of the book I read before choosing this book does not reflect the content of the book accurately. When reading the first few chapters, I was thoroughly disconcerted and even considered not finishing the book. They looked like a collection of short stories. The fact that the story is told in a non-chronological order was confusing as well. It was only in the last chapters of Book One that all the previous stories started to make sense.

I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. If you stick to the book, this will be one of the most amazing read. However, there are also some outlandish claims such as putting a drug on market without any clinical trials, which does not happen in reality. The pharmaceutical industry is more nuanced than that. Also, the first few chapters can be confusing if the book was picked up for casual reading.

I would recommend this book to people who like to think deeply and who enjoy stories which are full of puzzle pieces.

The DrugTech Trilogy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
2022 Reading Goal: 250
2022 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by Hussein21 »

This is a good book for people in medical aspects. Thanks for the review
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
Shridhar S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-s.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Shridhar S »

I have always been interested in learning about the use of drugs. Thanks for writing the lovely review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”