Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Phuc Nguyen 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phuc-nguyen-6.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

Post by Phuc Nguyen 6 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook" by Fred Sievert.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As clearly stated in the name, Fast Starting a Career of Consequence is written for those who want to accelerate their career to a higher level. The primary theme of the book is about how the Christian faith can be applied to the workplace environment. The author, Fred Sievert therefore provides different tips and strategies on how one can live out their faith at the workplace to succeed in their career, such as applying one's spiritual gifts, acting in concert with one's values and beliefs, or taking responsibility for one's own development, etc.

What I find great about this book is that the author explains how God's simple and unchanging principles that some of us might take for granted can have such an immense impact on our success at the workplace. He mentions that we spend most of our time at the workplace, therefore it is important to know how to do our job well and align it with our belief. I find his strategies very encouraging and fresh.

What can be further improved is that sometimes the explanation of a certain strategy is too brief. It is pretty hard to apply some principles without the step-by-step details on how to apply it and examples of the author's or other people's success case. I would prefer if the author could add further details to make his points clear and easy to implement.

I think this is a good book and I do recommend it. Though some further explanations and examples are still lacking, the author did a great job in explaining how it is possible to bring the biblical principles into practice at the workplace to succeed professionally. I rate this book 3 out of 4.

I recommend the book to all who want to fast-track their career in a sustainable way where their belief and value are placed at the center of their life. By applying these unchanging Christian principles, with God's help, I believe that success can be within the reach of our hands. Further, I think this book is super useful for young Christians who are starting their career like I do.

Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
thuriya albayaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by thuriya albayaa »

This book sounds as a helpful read for people starting out in a workplace. I enjoyed your description of the book and writing style, but I will have to skip this read as I am not a Christian. Thank you for the delightful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”