Review of Timewise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shridhar S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-s.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Review of Timewise

Post by Shridhar S »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What is genuine awareness, and how is it important? Timewise by Robert Lee is an extraordinary, one-of-a-kind sci-fi/fantasy book about a whip-smart yet misunderstood teenager who longs to find love and ultimate peace in his life.

Ron Larsen is an orphan who has lived in multiple foster homes. One day at a Saturday chess game, he unexpectantly meets Regina Russo, a quick-witted physics professor who teaches at Northern University. She later shares her theory "awareness creates time" with him. After he meets her, Ron discovers his true potential and pushes himself harder at studying than he ever did before. They soon grow closer the more they get to know each other and work on their ideas about quantum physics. As time grows older, their mentor-to-student relationship grows romantic. The more they indulge themselves in dangerous experiments about psychics and time, the riskier it becomes.

First of all, the book was very unpredictable, but I am not saying that as a bad thing. Just when I start to believe I have figured out the story, a whole new thing pops up. I loved the twist and turns that kept me guessing each time I flipped a page. Furthermore, I found the advice the author provided the readers with quite helpful. For example, "If you simply learn to recognize what you see, you'll only see what you already know. The trick is to recognize what you don't know, to see what you don't recognize." These life lessons will you for a long period of time, trust me. The book is exceptionally edited since I did not hit on any grammar errors.

As for the negative parts of the book, I hated how quickly the time in Ron's life fast-forwarded. The transition did not feel smooth and unnoticeable at all, and it was a bit confusing. In addition, it was a little difficult for me to understand some of the challenging equations the author added in the book. Honestly, an average reader would have a hard time figuring them out, too. But on the other hand, I do understand how it was relevant to the story. Moreover, the book also lacked character development, especially for Ron.

Overall, it was an intriguing and unputdownable book. It raised many questions that made me think long and hard. According to the text, I give the rating 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to people interested in reading books about time and physics.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: How I survived life by Neil Cooper

Post by Walter R »

I have always been a great fan of science-fiction books. Great review here.
Shridhar S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-s.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Shridhar S »

Walter R wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 06:20 I have always been a great fan of science-fiction books. Great review here.
I'm glad the review helped.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”