Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of The Pro-Achievement Principle

Post by Walter R »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Pro-Achievement Principle" by Dr. Deborah Bright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Pro-Achievement Principle by Deborah S. Bright is a non-fiction book that will change how you think about leadership, teamwork, and accomplishing your objectives. If you were given a task to do, would you focus only on the ambit of the responsibility assigned to you and the expectations from others of its performance? Pro-achievers do more. This book reveals the essential difference in attitude that pro-achievers have, enabling them to do beyond what is ordinarily expected of them. In this book, you will discover the true meaning of this principle and how you can effectively make a difference wherever you are, as well as motivate or inspire those in your team or under you to do the same.

This book has numerous positive aspects that are worth highlighting. Firstly, I discovered only one error after I finished reading this book. This is proof of the tremendous effort the author put in to see that this work was professionally edited. The absence of many errors aids the quick understanding of the message being passed on by the author. It also gives the book a very professional touch. The reader becomes instinctively aware that he is dealing with an author that knows her onions very well, especially her mastery of the language.

The book's professional editing is not the only factor that creates this awareness. The tone employed by the author is adequate and proper in line with the persuasive contents of this book. Intended to inspire, persuade and influence, the author uses a friendly, open, and conversational tone to address the reader. This puts the reader at ease and in a better position to receive the message.

The author uses instances and illustrations to give this book its practical touch and help readers concretize an otherwise abstract concept. The author provides sample sheets, simple written tests, and model interview questions to aid an employer in recruiting potential pro-achievers. I believe leaders in all spheres will find these helpful. The length of this book is not excessive either. It can conveniently be completed in one sitting.

I did not find anything negative to say about this book. It is the ideal leader's guide to developing a proactive approach to work, duty, and life, as well as instilling priceless attitudes in one's team members. I do not hesitate to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It received a perfect rating due to all the positive points stated above. I recommend this book to every leader who seeks to motivate his team and team members towards better attitudes, output, and productivity. I also recommend it to everyone who desires to make a difference and give value wherever he finds himself.

The Pro-Achievement Principle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

This looks like a powerful book for one to learn to exceed the expectations of others and inspire one and his team towards excellence. Great review.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

I’ve always preferred professionally edited books as the book’s editing improves the overall quality. Great review.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

Quite a wonderful book about assuming responsibility and going over and beyond. Great review.
Johnny Cash
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Johnny Cash »

Books about self-help don't particularly get me excited. Will probably pass this up. Great review though.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I would definitely love to influence my team members to keep striving towards excellence. Great review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Reading this was helpful. This is an inspiring read. Thanks for the review
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

After reading your positive review, I wish I was in the market for what it has to offer, but I am not, so I will skip it for now.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

I believe in the power of books. There is so much to learn, and it changes us in beneficial ways if we let it. This seems like a lovely self-help book. Thanks for the lovely review.
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

Teamwork is the essence of successful completion of tasks. I would definitely go through this book on the first opportunity. Thanks for the great review.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”