Review of Demon Freaks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tung Le 1
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tung-le-1.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Review of Demon Freaks

Post by Tung Le 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Demon Freaks" by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine that your teacher wants to kill you with a dagger. How will you feel about this thing? You will find that feeling in Demon Freaks. Demon Freaks is a horror novel written by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison. The book consists of 22 chapters. It combines horror, comedy, and fantasy. The author wrote about twins, Ron and Bing, and their friends, Meat and Kaitlyn. They had 2 worries: the SAT and the music band. Four people had an adventure from their school to golf. They were hunted by their history teacher. Then golfers wanted to sacrifice their friends to summon a demon. What did they do to help their friends? Could they do it to save their friends?

The book has enough storytelling to get attention. The author used a funny writing style to tell the story. This thing makes readers feel interested. The author’s writing style makes readers nervous. This novel also made me laugh. The author built the plot, character development, and events very well. He has many ideas for writing this book.

The author used the third-person point of view. The scenes were well described. The story jumps around between the twin brothers. So the speed of the story is very fast. This is a familiar horror plot in the novel. I’m familiar with it. It is like the old movie that I watched. I think readers can still follow and read the book easily. The story focuses on Ron and Bing. But Meat and Kaitlyn are also very important. I appreciate friendships and relationships between brothers.

There are some bloody scenes in the book. So I don’t recommend it for children. The story focuses on action. The characters' psychology wasn't described in detail. Their personalities weren't full. The character often says “Jesus Christ” which can make you feel bored. If readers want to read it for entertainment purposes, the book is good.

The author edited the book carefully. I didn’t detect any errors in the book. There is some profanity, but no erotic paragraphs. The ending of the story is interesting. I felt the book is pretty unique. The narrative is clear and serious. The author’s writing style is like a movie director's.

Although the author could write better, I still give the book four out of four stars. It has enough horror, comedy, and fantasy. All these elements make the novel get attention from readers. I read it and felt nervous, but delectable. I would recommend it for adult readers. Readers love horror and fantasy novels. They can read it to get entertainment goals. The book doesn’t have any romance paragraphs, so readers who like romance shouldn't read it.

Demon Freaks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”