Review of That Guy What Kill Topsy

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Review of That Guy What Kill Topsy

Post by Avishi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "That Guy What Kill Topsy" by Peter Wood Cotterill.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill consists of sixteen short stories and a novella. The book begins with the story of That Guy What Kill Topsy, which is the book's title. Lester, who was in love with Topsy, killed her in a fit of anger when she denied his feelings for her. A single woman's struggles in society, a patient's perspective of events happening while in a coma, a funny story about a babysitter's misheard word, an entrepreneur's life, a marketing-themed story, a plot about a divorced couple meeting again, and the life of a soldier's family after his death are just a few of the plots in this book.

One of the strongest points of the book is that the setting and the representations of the characterization were realistic. It adds to the attractiveness of the content. The author manages to emphasize the points of view of the individual characters well. Each chapter focuses on a different part of the ethics of our lives. Friendship, anger, vengeance, kindness, love, fearlessness, and self-confidence are just a few examples used in this book. The babysitter's story was one of my favorites. It was humorous, and the author's presentation of the plot was impressive.

However, users with a non-UK accent will have difficulty understanding the UK accent used here. The ending of certain stories can also disappoint some readers. But these endings are also acceptable, as they represent the reality of our current world. Otherwise, this book is a lot of fun to read.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was meticulously edited. To the best of my knowledge, there are no typos. I gave this book four stars because I liked all the stories. Each had a unique storyline. The portrayal of all the characters was reflective. Moreover, the alignment and formatting of text add points. I wouldn't give it three stars as it was professionally edited. It also has more positive aspects than negative ones.

Anyone who enjoys short stories should read this. This book is also enjoyable for those who love realistic perspectives. It covers a wide range of emotions. Some stories make us consider how we would react to or handle a similar circumstance. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under the age of 18 because it shows the other side of society. Grown-ups will be able to relate them to the plot. In summary, it would be a picturesque collection of feelings to read.

That Guy What Kill Topsy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
katerina_12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katerina-12.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by katerina_12 »

I really love short stories. I hope the ending won't be disappointing. Great review!
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

I like the patient is comma story. I’m curious to know what it is about. It’s good you enjoyed the stories. Great review!
Avishi

Post by Avishi »

katerina_12 wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 01:58 I really love short stories. I hope the ending won't be disappointing. Great review!
Thank you for commenting. Give it a try. It would be great.
Avishi

Post by Avishi »

Amiczy Magnus wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 18:16 I like the patient is comma story. I’m curious to know what it is about. It’s good you enjoyed the stories. Great review!
Thank for taking your time read my review. Yeah , that story is nice. Give it a try.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Avi Shi wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 02:37
Amiczy Magnus wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 18:16 I like the patient is comma story. I’m curious to know what it is about. It’s good you enjoyed the stories. Great review!
Thank for taking your time read my review. Yeah , that story is nice. Give it a try.
I will.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I love a compilation of short stories and the diversity it brings. Sounds like a must-read. I would love to read about the baby sitters misheard word. Great review thank you.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

That Guy What Kill Topsy, the setting and the representations of the characterization sounds realistic. Thanks for your review.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Wow the story line is quite compelling, that guy what killed to pay seems like a great read and I hope that other short stories withing the book are great too. Thank you for the review🍂❤️
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

The stories seem to explore a wide range of themes and settings. It is impressive that in the midst of it all the author still managed to maintain realistic characters and plotlines in each story. Thanks for the great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”