Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rjohno89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjohno89.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by rjohno89 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Entanglement – Quantum and Otherwise follows the lives of seven characters, all connected in some way, from 1984 through to 2044. The book starts with Geena Nuss receiving a letter from Joe Tink, a long time family friend, informing her that her father is dead. Geena seems much more upset that Joe wrote to her instead of calling than she is about the death of her father. We are then taken back in time to Geena's mother, Beth's, late teen years. Beth is living a life of prostitution and drugs until Joe rescues her and sends her to Bermuda to try and improve her life. From here the reader is taken on a rollercoaster of a journey through the years, where we learn how the characters are connected and what the dark secrets of their pasts contain.

I cannot speak highly enough of this book. The best thing about it is the character development. Each character is so well written and unique that I would have known who each chapter was about, even without the heading. The writer, John K Danenbarger uses such beautiful language to describe each character’s background, personality and dialogue. The descriptions of places and people are so effective that I can easily imagine myself sailing on a boat to Bermuda, dining on the streets of Provincetown and attending a festival in a village that sits deep in the mountains of Norway. The story itself is captivating, to say the least. The chapters jump from one character to another, and each chapter left me needing to find out more about that person's story, yet looking forward to the next character's episode.

This novel is a thriller, dark and tragic in parts but hopeful and uplifting in others. I couldn't find anything negative about this book, however, some readers may find it confusing at times. I had to re-read a couple of chapters to refresh my memory on how one character was connected to another. In my opinion, this is a positive aspect because it kept me focused and, since the writing is so sublime, reading some parts again was definitely not a chore! In fact, there were a couple of times where I had to look up the meaning of a word the author used and, in my eyes, that sort of education is never a bad thing!

This book is exceptionally well edited. I only found one small error in the whole novel. Based on how much I enjoyed this book, the style of writing, the professional editing, and the story as a whole, I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would give it a higher rating if it was possible because I can't wait to read it again!

I would recommend this book to readers age 18 and over due to the profanities used throughout, as well as themes of a sexual, and sometimes violent nature. Fans of thrillers and crime novels will enjoy Entanglement – Quantum and Otherwise. I wouldn't recommend the book to people who enjoy casual reading as it is quite complex and requires focus from the reader to understand it thoroughly.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”