Review of Always Before Me

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ndoh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndoh.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Review of Always Before Me

Post by Ndoh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Always Before Me is a Christian fiction novel that was written by John Servant. This book is about forgiveness, mercy, grace, salvation and undying faith in God. In this book the author, John Servant shows us his deep knowledge about the Catholic faith, which is also supported by scriptures from the bible. Always Before Me narrates the story of three men from different walks of life . We meet Father Paul, who is falsely accused and convicted for choosing to abide by what he believes but refuses to lose his faith in God and believes that all he goes through is what God wants him to go through. Father Paul compares his sufferings to those that Jesus Christ had to endure.

Secondly, we meet Matt ,who believes that because he is a sinner he is not worthy of God’s love and forgiveness so instead of turning to God, he turns away from God. Lastly we are presented with Father Anthony, a servant of God who is falsely accused as well but is willing to forgive even the one person who was responsible for his unjust downfall. Matt and Father Anthony share a similar story which was what lead the both of them to the prison. Despite these men being different and having walked different paths in life they have one thing in common and that is God's love for them.

What I enjoyed most while reading this book is that as a reader, it made me want to grow and mend my relationship with God, it also made me stronger in faith. The book Always Before Me also made me understand that even though we may face many different kinds of trials and tribulations it does not mean that God has forsaken us, but instead has chosen us to be a representation of him to the world. When Father Paul was wrongly convicted, we expected him to be like the normal human being and become angry, full of hatred and also full of resentment towards God, because how can God allow this to happen to one of his servants? But instead Father Paul continued to pray his rosary, he continued to be kind to people, even in his last moment he did not want to hold a grudge against those who did him wrong but instead he prayed for them and so did Father Anthony. This book had me filled with many different emotions while reading it some were very pleasant and reassuring while some were unsettling and made me angry.

I will give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The book was well and professionally edited. The book was also very well researched, and even though I am not very much informed about the Catholic religion, the manner in which the author narrated the story made it so much easier for me to be able to follow the story without much confusion.

I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy reading books that books that are Christian fiction and people who are looking to restore their faith and mend their religion with God as the storyline would be appealing to them. Non-believers and people who are from different religions can also read this because it does not show any disrespect to people who are from other religions.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”