Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ugonna Nworka
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Spirit-Controlled Temperament
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ugonna-nworka.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Ugonna Nworka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy Love is a lazy, selfish freelancer, and a loafer; who had a carefree attitude to life and lacks planning skills, unlike the rest of the members of his family. While Randy’s siblings, Harriet and James, are both successful in their respective fields of life, Randy however, prefers to live a life free of any responsibility. He’d rather lazy about all day and hang with the boys at the pub all night, not interested in taking on a job, and if he does, he is careful to accept part-time jobs only, as long as it won’t interfere with his rather voracious night life.

Randy had a rare string of luck, especially amongst the women folk, being overly attractive and exuding much sexual vigor which the ladies find alluring.

He took a permanent job at a Building Society, where he works for a while. This was until he received a call from a job recruiter, and was offered a position as a Financial Advisor in London, if he were to acquire necessary qualifications. Randy signed up for the required examinations, ordered study materials, quit his job at the Building Society, all in preparation of the exams.

The weekend preceding the examination date , Randy went to London to stay with his brother, James. He attends James’ business dinner and met Nicky, an associate in James’ firm, of course, he had no difficulty befriending her.

Full of luck, Randy passed the exams, got the job, and relocates to London. Here he quite surprisingly continues his friendship with Nicky.

Will Nicky be able to hold Randy longer than any of his fleeting companions? Will she be able to rope him into a committed relationship? Or is theirs just a prolonged fling from which Randy will still walk away after having his fill?
The answers lie within the pages of Randy the Irresistible.

Randy the Irresistible is a humorous, page turning, romantic comedy, which moves at an explosive pace, and is written in simple, palatable English. This makes the entire reading experience delightful. I literally stayed up on some nights because I could not drop this book. The whole time I felt that S M Goodier had one major thing in mind, “make them laugh”, and this, I did.

I liked practically everything about this book. I enjoyed Goodier’s use of metaphor to insight humor from the beginning till the very end of the story. I revered the adept description of characters and the character development. My favorite character was Michael Goddard because he always had a way of talking sense into Randy and in fact was partly contributory to the development of Randy’s character. I am quite satisfied with the way the story ended, and I know you will be too.

As a young person of employable age, there is a lot to learn from this book, especially from the wealth of wisdom in Michael Goddard. Thus, I recommend this book to all young and employable readers, whether in or freshly out of the university, or even already in employment. Persons interested in romantic comedy or are generally looking for a cool book, should definitely be reading Randy the Irresistible.

This book is suitable for readers, 18 years and above, as it contains quite a number sexual content and strong language. There are also scenes of explicit sexual intercourse, so readers should take note before deciding to read the book. The book also contains some unconventional relationships which some might find uncomfortable. Lastly, if you are easily offended by dark humor, this book might not be for you.

Finding little to no grammatical error in the book, I would say it is exceptionally and professionally edited. I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. If there were a higher rating I would have given it to the book, because to me, this was a superb work of art.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Randy started out lazy, but he definitely did learn that life isn't a bed of roses. This is a great book. Thanks for the review.
Ugonna Nworka
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Spirit-Controlled Temperament
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ugonna-nworka.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Ugonna Nworka »

Raymond N wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 09:46 Randy started out lazy, but he definitely did learn that life isn't a bed of roses. This is a great book. Thanks for the review.
He definitely learnt his lesson. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”