Review of Rise of the Savior

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yunita W
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yunita-w.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Review of Rise of the Savior

Post by Yunita W »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rise of the Savior" by Antoine Bonner.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner is a story about a teenage girl whose name is Amanda. She is an ordinary teenage girl that enjoys distracting her 6 year old sister, Saira. Amanda becomes concerned about her sister since she suddenly becomes quiet, mature, and smarter than children at her age. But her worries seemed useless since her sister didn’t even care for her and her own condition. Everything changed when Amanda and her dad went into a car crash. She discovers a world where she couldn’t imagine, and at this state Amanda awakens the spirit that was hidden beneath herself all this time. But she refused to use her power; she is so ignorant about the other until everything turns down. Jamie, the doctor who saved Amanda's father's life after the car incident caught into some criminal action. Amanda happened to be the one that caught Jamie’s criminal action. He offered Amanda to cooperate with him, but Amanda refused. This thing leaves a major fight between them and many complicated things to come along.

This story was written in a simple plot; the story takes present time with no flashback. The development of the characters in the story is at a fast pace without dragging on other things too much. Those things make this story a quick read. This story was well explained, even though there are many characters that appear. The background of each character is also explained briefly. This book is also written from a third people point of view, which helps to understand the event that is occurring.

I like the idea of this story; this story is unique and brings refreshment. I like how the writers portray the entire explanation of the event; add some monolog and dialog to explain the event. This story tells mythology in an easy way to understand.

The thing that I dislike about this book is that the plot is predictable. And since there are a lot of characters appearing, this could be confusing because each of the characters is holding importance.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. Even this book has a predictable plot, but the way Antoine twists the plot makes this story addicting. The topic of this story is light that makes me want to read this book at one time. This book is also exceptional well edited.

I would recommend this book to young adult readers, especially to those that like heroes types of stories. This book is very suitable if you are looking for light reading in your spare time. This book is easy to follow.

Rise of the Savior
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”