Review of Scorn of Secrets

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tshephang Dikoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tshephang-dikoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of Scorn of Secrets

Post by Tshephang Dikoma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Scorn of Secrets" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Scorn of secrets is a book written by B Truly. It tells the story of a teenage girl called Madison . Her father is in debts and he is a gamble addict. Madison ‘s life changes drastically when her father got killed by the people he owes. On the other side her mother moves on with another man. She is forced to relocate with her mother and sister from Baton Rouge to Houston to live with her mother’s new lover and his twin boys. Everyone seems to settle well in Houston but Madison is still struggling to accept that her mother moved on quickly after the passing of her father. She then tries to adapt to the new arrangement, family and school. Her tragedy begins when she fell in love with her step brother.

The storyline of Scorn of secrets is well built and relatable to real life events. This book addresses the issue of sexual coercion . I love how the writer tackled this issue, from the book Madison got tricked into a sexual activity by Jackson. She stood her ground by revealing secret she has been keeping to herself. She then seek justice against Jackson . It got more interesting when other characters believed her story even though her mother and sister did not. I also like how the characters are developed, the writer managed to show the individual personalities of the characters in the book.

I cannot point to any aspect of the book I don’t like. However I am not happy with how the book ended because I didn’t get to know how Madison’s case against Jackson went.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because Scorn of secrets because it is a nice book. The writer ended the book without completing story.

I recommend this book to victims of sexual coercion so that they may get inspired by Madison and have courage to stand their ground and report the perpetrators.

Scorn of Secrets
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”