Review of Lead us to a place

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MamoJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamoj.html
Latest Review: Lead us to a place by Andrew Pacholyk

Review of Lead us to a place

Post by MamoJ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lead us to a place" by Andrew Pacholyk.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lead us to a Place by Andrew Pacholyk is an good book that helps the reader become more aware of their material and non-material environment. It leads to a holistic introspection of life spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally. This introspection is followed by carefully presented step-by-step advice on making deliberate changes in specific priority areas of life, which will result in liberation, relaxation, and upliftment of the spirit, soul, and body. The final product of this book for the reader who follows these steps is a beautiful, confident, peaceful, loving, energetic, attractive, appreciating, and liberated individual with a clear conscience and a bold outlook that recognizes the cycles of life and their correlation to seasonal changes.

In an age when stress, depression, and social diseases have become the order of the day, such an outcome is priceless. I would dare say that the message Pacholyk communicates is that man is a spirit, he has a soul, and he leaves in a body, and that; to be healthy, all these three must be in harmony. The recommended strategies range from recognizing that energy exists in and around us and we can tap this energy and change undesirable factors, rather than endure any ill circumstances that life throws at us. Similarly, he raises awareness of the principal tools at our disposal, including the practice of stillness (prayer, meditation), music, food, exercise, nature’s gifts (e.g., oils, aromas, colors, crystals, stones, foods).

Lead us to a Place is not just one of those speculative books that make you feel good when reading, yet have no practical strategies to implement. Pacholyk no doubt practices what he preaches. The evidence of this is in the way he takes time to carefully acknowledge his mentors and the role they played in his life’s journey. He also acknowledges other authors, beyond just listing their books in the reference section (the practice of gratefulness and appreciation). Most importantly, there is a clear indication from his testimonies that he also practices his advice, from writing poetry, keeping musical play-lists for various seasons of life, and using most of his recommended tools for himself. There are no vulgar words identified. There is no explicit sexual content.

I have personal testimonies from reading this book. It has revolutionized lots of things in my life, which space here would not allow me to list. I have become more intentional about the music I play in my car. I have done decluttering in my living space – cabinets, and drawers. I have started a 40 minute morning walk daily, all without pressure or a guilty conscience. I am also looking forward to new travel ventures and sightseeing trips beginning this Christmas holiday season.

For the stereotyped religious persons, this book may be a little offensive. Why? All religions are considered at par, whereas the followers of most religions uphold their specific choices as supreme. Many such individuals would be turned off and miss the opportunity to grab the various gems and golden nuggets that Andrew Pacholyk so extravagantly throws around, for picking, by whoever would dare to take the challenge of revolutionizing their life. That would be a pity.

I also noted some typos and errors in word spacing and punctuation. For that, I give this book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book for anyone who needs to successfully negotiate through the ‘seasons of life', including teenage, mid-life crisis, and old age. I recommend the 20 sexual secrets as good content for pre-marital and marital counseling sessions.

Lead us to a place
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”