Review of Remarkably Intact

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review of Remarkably Intact

Post by addicted reader »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Remarkably Intact" by Celia Belt.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The road to greatness is never easy, but we're urged to keep pushing forward without giving up. We should never be discouraged, regardless of our physical, emotional, or health status. The obstacles should, in fact, serve as a source of motivation for us. Remarkably Intact is a well-written memoir that covers the life of the book's author, Celia Belt. Her main motivation for authoring the book was to bring encouragement to others who are going through terrible times.

Celia Belt had to overcome several challenges as a burn victim. She describes how she had to go through a terrible journey marked by suffering, challenges, and difficult decisions. Celia was only 21 months old when she found herself in this scenario. She also acquired pneumonia and pseudomonas at the same time. Celia Belt, the burn survivor, had a harrowing experience.

She also describes how her parents were determined to help her, but that their efforts were in vain because nothing they tried worked. Celia is also the founder of the Moonlight Fund, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing hope and inspiration to burn survivors as well as those going through difficult times. Celia also adds that she is proud and comfortable with her own scorched flesh, which she does not cover or conceal. She is a formidable woman. Despite being a burn survivor and having been raised by an abusive father, she was able to fulfill her goals.

This is a delightful, inspiring, and heartwarming narrative from which readers may learn a lot. The book has nine chapters and is around 135 pages long. A short and fascinating poem opens each chapter. This is the part of the book that I really liked. The writing style is simple, making it easy to comprehend the entire book's content. I also liked the book's cover and title. The title was carefully selected to reflect the book's genre. The book's cover was also beautifully designed by the author.

The one thing I didn't like about the book was how many spacing errors it contained. These inaccuracies can easily annoy readers, making it difficult to follow along with the story. As a result, I recommend that the book undergo a second round of comprehensive editing. I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I deducted two stars from my rating because of the book's numerous spacing errors. The book does not seem to have been professionally edited. This is because of the spacing errors in it.

It's something I'd recommend to everyone who enjoys reading motivational autobiographies. Celia Belt's tale will inspire them greatly. The book is also appropriate for readers who are dealing with difficulties, struggles, regrets, or pain in their lives. Furthermore, readers who appreciate nonfiction literature will enjoy the book.

Remarkably Intact
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I like the cover of this novel. And I applaud Celia for sharing her story with her readers. Too bad there is so many spacing errors. Thanks for a lovely and honest review! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”