Review of The Attuned

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sharon Mahabir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-mahabir.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Review of The Attuned

Post by Sharon Mahabir »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Attuned" by Gary B. Haley.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Attuned by Gary B. Haley, is an exceptional book centered around the protagonist, who has powers to kill individuals by just focusing on them. He is accompanied by an FBI agent Carla Bright, whose job was to arrest him, but fell in love with him, and tried to protect him instead. They are separated from early on in the story, and he finds himself running to save his life, from individuals who are trying to capture him. Whilst running he has to kill many in order to save his own life, something that he found no pleasure in doing. He was aided by one young man ‘Dunlap’, whom he jokingly nicknamed, who assisted in saving his life more than once.
He tries to find his way back to America, with no money, no visa and no visible solution, whilst running and hiding from those who are chasing him.
Chip is another character who has a special ability to guess the correct answers, when answers are provided. He uses his special powers in gambling, especially cards to make a livelihood. The two cross paths a couple of times, where he was able to earn some money with Chip.
Carla on the other hand, tries to get in contact with him, but after failed attempts and no contact from him, believed him to be dead, until her associates got a lead and tracked him down when he returned to America.

This book is a well written story, with lots of excitement and action. The powers of the actors are interesting, adding to the excitement of the story. This story takes the reader into a life that is seen in movies. It also holds a lot of humor amid the action. The writer took time in description and details to create a vivid image in the minds of the readers. The chapters are short, making the book an easy read.

Although there was a lot of excitement to keep me engulfed in the story, I lost interest at times because most of the book was based on the actor running. However, I would love to see this story in a movie, it would be perfect. At times I was a bit lost with the switching between Chip, Carla and the main character. However, that did not deter me from completing the book, because the story was worth the read.

The book is professionally written, with no detected errors. Individuals who enjoy a lively action novel will be satisfied with this book. I rate this book three out of four stars [\b].

The Attuned
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”