Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GideonWrites Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by GideonWrites Review »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From time immemorial, Africa has suffered religious racism, injustice, and the unwanted period of colonization across its constituent countries during the twentieth century. Over the years, governmental and non-governmental undertakings have been put in place to bring about peace, unity, and a sense of ownership to the colonized people. Nowadays, we can see that various African countries have gotten independence. And racism, as well as injustice, seems to be on a significantly reduced level. However, much is still needed for a holistic resolution of injustice, corruption, nepotism, lack of self-sacrifice for the betterment of humanity, and a significant level of religious intolerance. We have come to a point in our dispensation where a comprehensive participatory approach would be the only reliable means to resolve these menaces; this is a concept whereby everyone takes responsibility to live as an ambassador for peace and unity.

In the memoir A Dream for Peace, we have Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, an Algerian by birth who, with his book, wanted to give us the account of his life characterized by selflessness, faith, and other attributes of a sacrificial life. Dr. Ghoulem, with his selfless life, has contributed immensely to the humanistic nature and the peace condition in various African countries—bringing about independence for his country Algeria, mediating between conflicting countries, and living an exemplary life of religious tolerance. After reading this book, and you have counted the impacts that the author has brought about in Africa and various fields of study due to the selfless and sacrificial life he lived, will you be motivated to take up challenges and join in the struggle for peace and unity?

Many aspects of Dr. Ghoulem's life are worthy of emulation in various fields of study and countries; hence, the first feature I love in this book. Dr. Ghoulem showcases his genuine love for peace while meditating on religious racism. For example, through dialogue, which he believes resolves altercation, he brought about peace between Israel and Palestine. After resigning from his lecturing job to become the special advisor to president Houphouët-Boigny of Côte d'Ivoire, he actualized this and many other humanitarian records. His personal choices in life also seem to exemplify his attribute as a peace advocate. This is true because, as a Muslim, he got married to a Christian. Consider the family and societal opposition he must have overcome! I so much admire his firm conviction on what he believes to be correct, even when he's not finding it easy standing on his conviction that is characterized by the search for meaning and fulfillment. This he exemplified by his perseverance nature as he married Titi amidst all the family dramas. Despite his exposure and access to political height, he never exploited this opportunity to accumulate wealth; instead, he continued in his humanitarian involvement to better Africans as much as possible

Furthermore, the book itself never gives reading difficulties, as the author came clear, and with a frank tone, presented his message. The book is likewise informative, as I was able to gain some historical knowledge about Africa. I was able to learn some peculiarities about many African countries. For example, how they go about marriage ceremonies in Algeria. All these constitute what I like about the book, as they give an easy and quality reading experience.

There's nothing I could dislike about this book. I have found no error in it, so I can say it was professionally edited. Hence, from me, A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah earns 4 out of 4 stars.

I'll recommend the book to those who would read a biography of heroes and legendaries. I especially recommend it to the Africans who would like to get some historical facts about the continent.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Signature of Grace.
B Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Eight Days That Changed History
Bookshelf Size: 307
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-creech.html
Latest Review: How to Avoid Being a Victim of the American Healthcare System: A Patient's Handbook for Survival by Dr. David Wilcox
2022 Reading Goal: 30
2022 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by B Creech »

Dr. Barrea was indeed a man who wanted people to come together. He seemed to work tirelessly in that respect. It would behoove us all to do even a fraction of what he did! This is a great review! Good job.
B. Creech
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 203
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Pandora's Lockbox by Nico Griffith

Post by Prisallen »

"this is a concept whereby everyone takes responsibility to live as an ambassador for peace and unity." Wise words indeed. If only people everywhere took those words to heart, the world would be a better place to live in. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Niens Now
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Make Me Exist: A Heart-Pounding Sci-Fi Romance (Lost in Time Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 225
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niens-now.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
2022 Reading Goal: 150
2022 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Niens Now »

Although there still isn't peace in the Middle East, the book does sound insightful. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Norwegian Wood
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
2022 Reading Goal: 70
2022 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

This book seems to be informative on how to help with the grim events happening in Africa. Thank you for the lovely review!
GideonWrites Review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by GideonWrites Review »

Prisallen wrote: ↑29 Nov 2021, 08:57 "this is a concept whereby everyone takes responsibility to live as an ambassador for peace and unity." Wise words indeed. If only people everywhere took those words to heart, the world would be a better place to live in. Thanks for your wonderful review!
:D Thanks, Prisallen, for your kind words and having your words here.
Signature of Grace.
Rashawn Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashawn-carter.html
Latest Review: Sahar's Creation by Julie Bergman

Post by Rashawn Carter »

This book seems to be very informative. Peace would certainly be nice to have. Great review! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”