Review of The Frights of Fiji

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ra Ka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ra-ka.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Review of The Frights of Fiji

Post by Ra Ka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Frights of Fiji" by Sunayna Prasad.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Frights of Fiji, the first book in the Magical Missions series by Sunayna Prasad. 12-year-old Alyssa McCarthy didn't believe in magic until she saw that strange message formed on the window glass by the black rain and the strange events that followed. Will Alyssa be able to deal with the magic that has appeared in her life, and will she be able to overcome the obstacles and challenges that she will face?

Alyssa McCarthy is an orphan who lost her parents when she was seven years old and now lives with her uncle, who has been strict in his treatment of her and his daughter Hailey after his wife's death. The magic begins to enter her world as her thirteenth birthday approaches, by Master Beau Duchamp, an exiled evil wizard with a mysterious relationship with her, who infiltrates her world and can only regain his power by weakening her power. He kidnaps her to an island full of fantasy monsters and amazing technology. She wants to return home, even if her home life isn't perfect. With the help of her new friends from the world of magic, she knows that Wizard Beau Duchamp's master plan is to kidnap all of her friends to achieve his goals.

A story has all the ingredients that make up a good story. An interesting, attractive, and sometimes unexpected plot makes the story even more charming. Great attention to detail, and most importantly, sophisticated and distinct personalities. The writing style is distinctive, and the choice of simple and easy words to form sentences makes reading smoother.

I admired the author's brilliant ability to create a wide range of unique characters in the world of magic, as well as the author's unique way of combining technology and magic in the fight against evil. I also liked how the story included a message for kids about never giving up no matter how difficult things get, as well as the importance of friendship, trust, and honesty among friends.

There was nothing about this story that I didn't like. I only have a few minor criticisms of the book. First, there are no pictures in the book, and since it is aimed at children, I believe it would be better to include some. Second, the book pages are not numbered, making it difficult to find a specific page if the book is left open.

I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars rating because, in addition to what I previously stated, it is well-edited and does not contain any profanity. This book is suitable for children aged eight and up, as well as anyone who enjoys fantasy, adventure, and a lot of magic, and I recommend it to them.

The Frights of Fiji
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”