Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Did you ever hear about people that don’t know each other but have the same idea? Sometimes, strange connections form between random individuals. That is a concept called entanglement; it represents one of the mysteries of quantum physics. Albert Einstein called it "spooky action at a distance." This concept can explain many things that happen in nature, such as the migration of birds. Knowing this information, you can understand the title and the main idea of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger, a brilliant and intriguing book.

The action happens during several generations. At present, we meet Geena, an American in her fifties, who just received bad news about her father. Then, the writer takes us to the past, in 1984, where we discover her mother’s story. Beth is a young and vulnerable girl with a troubled past. She meets Joe, a stripper passionate about reading; his kindness gives her strength and a feeling of hope. Her new friend helps her board a yacht to the Bahamas, where she finds herself in a strange and dangerous situation. The story also presents Kevin’s life; he is a policeman that falls in love with Beth and marries her. This character also has many dark secrets that will influence other lives.

Writing a summary of the book was challenging because all the protagonists’ fates were entangled; also, even the secondary characters had a significant role to play. Every time I thought I had discovered what the book was about, I found an extra layer and another depth. It was a frame story that began with the ending and then unraveled all the facts that led to that moment.

I appreciated the vivid description and the engaging writing style. This excerpt from the book might give you an idea: “She was becoming a human with a new will and defiance that had been intravenously fed back into her body by people who had withstood death, abuse, and enslavement as much as she had.” The sophisticated vocabulary laced with subtle humor made me enjoy the book immensely. The plot was captivating, and I was amazed by the unpredictable twists. I loved the round characters created by the writer. Joe was my favorite character because he was an awe-inspiring person: caring, loyal, and forgiving. He suffered a lot, and I appreciated that he decided to pursue his own happiness.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise gets 3 out of 4 stars. It is one of the best books I have read this year, so it deserves the highest rating. However, I found more than ten minor errors that forced me to lower the score. Other than that, I can't mention any negative issues. It is a novel that talks about lonely people, troubled souls that fall victims to predators. Read it if you want to learn more about human relationships while assimilating new words and concepts. The book will also appeal to boat sailing enthusiasts and mystery fans. However, some chapters refer to LGBTQ issues, drugs, prostitution, and bad parenting; stay away if these are uncomfortable themes or emotional triggers.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

The characters are really vivid and striking, described thoroughly and with a lot of detail. Thanks for the good review and reading recommendation.
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

markodim721 wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 14:10 The characters are really vivid and striking, described thoroughly and with a lot of detail. Thanks for the good review and reading recommendation.
Thank you for stopping by!
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

I like the title of this book. My being a physics enthusiast also pulls me towards this book. As you say, with all the entanglement going on in this story, it would be pretty hard to write a summary of the book. I also like your review. Thanks.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

J Edwards wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 14:37 I like the title of this book. My being a physics enthusiast also pulls me towards this book. As you say, with all the entanglement going on in this story, it would be pretty hard to write a summary of the book. I also like your review. Thanks.
Then you will discover many interesting things in the book! Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I love everything quantum. Thanks for a great review
🕉Be Here Now⌛
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 14:43
J Edwards wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 14:37 I like the title of this book. My being a physics enthusiast also pulls me towards this book. As you say, with all the entanglement going on in this story, it would be pretty hard to write a summary of the book. I also like your review. Thanks.
Then you will discover many interesting things in the book! Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!
Welcome. I will certainly seek out this book.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Niens Now wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 14:47 I love everything quantum. Thanks for a great review
Quantum love you back! :) Thanks for the visit.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

It is a genre I have never tried. Your review captivated me to read this book. All characters are entangled and so many layers in the plot definitely sounds interesting. Thanks for the great recommendation.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

“Spooky action at a distance”—that’s really technical, Einstein! :doh: :)

This sounds like a wonderfully unique book. I think I may have to check it out. Thank you for your splendid review and recommendation.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 26 Oct 2021, 22:41 It is a genre I have never tried. Your review captivated me to read this book. All characters are entangled and so many layers in the plot definitely sounds interesting. Thanks for the great recommendation.
It was something new for me too. I hope you will enjoy it! Thank you for commenting, I appreciate it.
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

MsH2k wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 00:14 “Spooky action at a distance”—that’s really technical, Einstein! :doh: :)

This sounds like a wonderfully unique book. I think I may have to check it out. Thank you for your splendid review and recommendation.
It summarizes the book better than I did :). I am very curious to find out your opinion after you read it. Thank you for your feedback!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

This book is intriguing and I am tempted to start reading it, but I'm still doubtful about so many layers! :) Thank you very much for this wonderful and insightful review!
Amaka Ike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amaka-ike.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Amaka Ike »

An interesting and captivating story, filled with suspense and high hopes. Thanks for a thorough review, greet book.
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Ellylion wrote: 27 Oct 2021, 06:08 This book is intriguing and I am tempted to start reading it, but I'm still doubtful about so many layers! :) Thank you very much for this wonderful and insightful review!
It's not that difficult, once you start reading the book. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”