Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maryam N 2
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maryam-n-2.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Maryam N 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When you have something in common with a group of people, it doesn't matter where you come from or how different you are from the rest of the group. You will always have a great group of friends to share what you're passionate about.
The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings is a story about five women who bond over the love of fly-fishing.
All the characters come from different backgrounds and have different stories.
Rose is the oldest member of the group and has been fishing for almost half her life and has tons of experience in fly-fishing. Sophie has grown up hunting with her father and brothers and first got hooked on fly-fishing after watching A River Runs Through starring Brad Pitt. Veronica is a businesswoman and CEO of her company. Being a city girl, she took some time in getting used to the wilderness and playing it rough, but she has become quite skilled at fly-fishing over the years. Amanda is a schoolteacher and mother of two. Her husband is in the military so most of the time, she is a single mom. With all these responsibilities, she is always happy to get away and fish with her friends. Melody is the youngest member of the group. She stumbled across the others one day when she was taking pictures of herself and fell into the river and the current carried her downstream. She later becomes a part of the group too.
The book does a great job of portraying the friendship and camaraderie between the women despite their age differences and different backgrounds.
It is narrated through changing points of view and tells the story through each character's perspective. This will make it easier for the readers to understand each character better and find someone they can relate to.
This book does not have any grammatical errors or typos. It does contain a lot of swear words and cusses. I also felt that a lot of scenes were rushed and not elaborated enough. So I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.
This book is not for younger audiences who are under the age of 18. It is great for women who like reading about friendship and also for those who enjoy fishing.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”