Review of Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Divya T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-t.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts
Reading Device: B086KCQX95

Review of Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide

Post by Divya T »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles is a great book to learn how to write fiction stories. The content of the book has grouped into two parts as book one and book two. The book one part describes the principles of the literary story in fiction. The book two-part describes how to create a literary fictional story. The author tells about the importance of characters and their uniqueness in a story. Also, he describes the narration perspectives of the story as a first-person point of view, second-person point of view, and third-person point of view. He also precisely describes the part of the humor, emotion, and sentiment in a story. He tells how literary stories fail, and in contrast, he also states how literary stories come to life. At the end of the book, the author has some questions for the readers to ask themselves. Then, he gives some justifiable explanations for the questions.

The first thing I like about the book Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles is, it evokes the writer within a person. Even a person who has not much interest in writing seems to gain interest while reading the book. The book has many examples from short stories to Shakespeare's novels to compare and understand the subject matter discussed by the author. Some chapters have a one-line definition at the beginning for some basic terms like fictional, desire, motive, etcetera. As the book title says, it is a brilliant guide for creating and writing fictional stories. Being an experienced author, he did a great job by sharing his fiction writing knowledge with people.

I could not think of anything that I did not like about the book.

As per my likes and dislikes, I rate the book Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles 4 out of 4 stars. The content is detailed and understandable. Only a couple of typos came to my notice. So, I can conclude that the book is professionally proofread and edited.

I recommend the book Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles to teens, adults, and older adults. Also, I suggest this book to people whom all are planning or willing to write fiction novels. This book would be a good read for authors who are willing to develop their fiction writing skills.

Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”