Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dr Chocha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-chocha.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Dr Chocha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How to be Successful, Think Like a Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is a nonfiction package that will groom your attitude towards success. In short, this novel is centered on success. A yellow, twin-turbo Ferrari, caught Curtis's attention, he makes an effort to enquire from the person on the wheel about how he managed to own such a machine. Curtis learned that the person was homeless a few years ago but he never gave up! He chose not to settle for the streets instead, he shaped his future with what he had at that moment, "his construction work skill as a teenager and a few dollars which he used to buy tools instead of paying for his hotel room or food". He invested in himself.

With just a few pages flipped, I began to understand and relate that life is what you decide to make of it. Curtis survived malignant brain cancer and diabetes, his existence swinging from both low and high-waves of life; but in every circumstance, he seized every opportunity. The most powerful thing about this novel is that all the information shared is 100% practical.

During the conventional interview which Curtis outlined in this novel to give the readers a deeper understanding of his life, I was surprised that he confessed to reading the likes of Dale Carnegie, Robert Kiyosaki, and Gary Chapman. Such kind of writing is only archived by mature authors! This act actually boosted my interest in finishing up this novel.

This book is well-edit such that I found no spelling or possibly punctuational errors except for one grammatical misconception. The only thing I didn't appreciate is the pace! I feel like the author was cutting some plots short which resulted in the novel finally being a short read with only 188 pages.

I'm not a fan of nonfiction content, but I'm not sure if that side of me will continue existing after reading this story. I must admit that "I am not the same person after fisting on the contexts of this novel!" Well, that is why I can not rate it with anything less than 4 out of 4 stars. I can assure you; you will be motivated and inspired after reading this book and finally I recommend it to anyone who may be interested in flipping the pages of this masterpiece, regardless of their religion or beliefs including the young ones. I also think that this is a must-have handbook for entrepreneurs and the youths because it's an eye-opener for success. I should also mention that the book contains a minute of grown-up slang but I bet they ain't worth putting an age limit on the readers.

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think it's great that the author drew motivation and inspiration from his own experience. Despite many obstacles, he did not despair.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”