Review of The Site

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
visionreaderwriter
Currently Reading: We Are the Ants
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-visionreaderwriter.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of The Site

Post by visionreaderwriter »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Site" by Carlos Valrand.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Site by Carlos Valrand is a book that talks about a series of fictious events taking place in the life of a teacher. A teacher, Cicely Denfeld dreams about two people unknown to him who are involved in some government deals. The teacher’s life becomes filled with confusion when she
has visions while sleeping about the unknown individuals, Vivian Venables and Charles Ryder,
who are investigating the source of certain crucial information from Cuba.
As the dreams persist, the teacher decides to pursue and penetrate a highly risky area in a certain desert. The homestead is full of some extraordinary creatures. The creatures have been collaborating with the government for many years in getting some minerals used in astronomy.
The details about the creatures could change human understanding if exposed to the public.
The individuals she is dreaming about are being hunted by enemies who want to kill them. Some senior government officials are working very hard to ensure that the sensitive information is guarded by all means so that no member of the public can access it. The teacher’s dreams make her look for assistance from mental experts but their intervention
couldn’t help. The dreams continued to distract her. She wonders whether the two individuals from her dreams are real life characters or not.

Despite the fact that the story is puzzling in terms of chronological events, it’s a nice story which is interesting. The individuals in the narrative are illustrated well; the series of events in the story has many revelations which keep the readers’ eyes on the book.
Each plot from the book drew my attention closer to the storyline. Valrand must have spent a lot of time to write the book. The unfolding of mysteries in the story were well arranged. The story is
in agreement with some things which occurred in the past and therefore it can be perceived as true.
The site has interesting characters and all of them are well represented. The characters in the story seem not to dwell on regrets or things that make them sad, especially Charles. Valrand’s descriptions of housing structures makes the story look real. I loved the teacher as a character. Her curiosity is well articulated in the story. Her follow up of the strange visions was well expressed in the story.

I didn’t come across grammatical errors. However, the suspense in the story is not well framed. The story does not also give the exact context in which the events happened. The end of story is not intesing because the suspense is too much. The writer mixing real life occurrences and extraordinary beings may make the story difficult to comprehend for new readers of fiction stories.

I award The Site by Carlos Valrand 4 out of 4 stars.
Editing was professionally done. I did not see words that are profane in nature. The typing was excellent. There was no use of vulgar words. The reason why I gave this rating is because of the nice flow of the story.

This story is good for readers who are interested in fiction stories involving extraordinary creatures.

The Site
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rovika Sundaram
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rovika-sundaram.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rovika Sundaram »

It is very interesting to know how Cecily's dreams got her into trouble. Great review though!
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

This book seems very interesting! I would also be very confused in Cecily's situation. Nicely done review! :D
daxpierre1212
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by daxpierre1212 »

I will never dream not to have the same problems as Cecily😁😁😁😁
So matter of fact, very interesting story
Ray Ogee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ray-ogee.html
Latest Review: Portals by Jon Zimmer

Post by Ray Ogee »

I am eager to know the connection between Cicely and the people (Vivian Venables and Charles Ryder) she dreamt about. Sounds like a good story.
Latest Review: Portals by Jon Zimmer
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

What an interesting and great review! It sounds like a really good, engaging story.
Ra Ka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ra-ka.html
Latest Review: The Frights of Fiji by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Ra Ka »

Thanks for the review. Seems like an interesting book when dream and reality are mixed
It will be distracting and this is what happened with the teacher when she became skeptical, is what she sees of the events a dream or a reality
Carmeleta P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmeleta-p.html
Latest Review: My Living Will by John Trautwein

Post by Carmeleta P »

The character of the teacher does sound interesting. This is fiction that I would read.
Thanks for sharing.
amakaokoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amakaokoye.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by amakaokoye »

Thanks for this wonderful review! This really seems like an interesting book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”