Review of Different Family Structures

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Speech! by Simon Prentis

Review of Different Family Structures

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Different Family Structures" by Mildred Stallworth.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A happy family has been sociologically construed as complete, but this book is counterintuitive to the previously stated core tradition, as Mildred Stallworth simply substantiated that no matter what family constructs you're in, part of this is a substantial portion of bliss and issues to contend with. Different Family Structures is a non-fiction book that explores and offers practical advice associated with family structures, convincing its readers to renounce long-held misapprehensions about the subject matter. She explained various types of family structures, and each is based on connections, strengths, vulnerabilities, and challenges.

The book is divided into ten chapters that are all about the concept of family. I chastised her for asserting that family is important because it provides love, support, and moral standards. At first, I couldn't see the book's intent but reading it progressively made me realize how pertinent family is in people's existence. I can't express how fascinated I was by this book which provided an exponential amount of wisdom and silver linings. One of my favorite provisions is that a family does not always have to be blood-related or even grow up in the same house; instead, it ensures that no one is left behind and neglected, and it softened my heart. I have a lot of friends who I recognize as family, never letting them feel left behind or overlooked, and I strongly relate to this book.

Even if they are complete, financially capable, and bounded by standards of conduct and optimism, there are still many families who are displeased. Some of the cultural norms that the author has outlined concerning traditional family values are quite disturbing because we are innately different in character and behavior, especially when it comes to the children of the parents. Some parenting methods are counterproductive at times, despite the fact that a family plays a significant role in a person's overall well-being. These simply underscore the downsides of the book that I despise. Against all odds, it is extremely viable that she clarified that not everyone grows up and is accompanied by a family. From a psychological standpoint, extended family and camaraderie are also a part of a family.

Despite the fact that the book is well-written, I was disrupted by the author's lack of consistency with regard to its style formatting. Some have double spaces before and after each paragraph, while others only have single ones. On the one hand, the illustrations make me feel more at ease while reading the book. Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. To produce a high-quality work of nonfiction, the author must address minor grammatical issues before publishing the result.

Family plays an important role in shaping who we are today. I highly recommend the book to anyone who wants to start a family and comprehends the family structure in general. This book is also accessible to people of all ages to discern how to ensure a consistent and happy family. Roadblocks are inevitable in this smallest social institution, but with the best approach, they can be easily rectified.

Different Family Structures
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

It's saddening to see such a good book lose one star just because of some spacing errors. I hope the author sees this and gets them fixed, so that this book can get the perfect rating it deserves. Family Structures is an attempt to rejoin the broken families, and to deeply understand the different existing family structures. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”