Review of From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Review of From Drift to SHIFT

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book From Drift to Shift by Jody B. Miller is a self-help and motivational book. The book is divided into two halves. The first half is divided into eight chapters. Each chapter has the motivational story of people who overcame difficult times in their life. At the end of the book, we find many useful resources. There is an appendix and some notes at the end of the book. The book starts with an introductory chapter in which the author asks us some fundamental questions about our life. All other chapters consist of motivational stories of different people.

We have cancer survivors in this book. Then we have people who went from broke to rich. We also have people who overcame childhood trauma and became successful in their careers. In short, this book is full of motivation. The author adds some key takeaways at the end of every chapter. She summarizes each chapter in a few points. The second half of the book is where the author communicates directly with the reader. She asks us about our life purpose. She also gives us some great advice. This book covers almost every aspect of life.

I liked many things about this book. The stories are well-written. The language is simple. The author gives accurate and crisp lessons. This book is motivational as well. I liked how the author gives us very simple exercises to change our life. This book is not just a collection of motivational tales. It is as practical as self-help books get. The author’s voice tone in the book is awesome. The appendix given at the end of this book is really useful. It helped me to gain a deeper insight into many of the terms used in this book.

There is nothing that I disliked about the book. The book was exceptionally well edited, with zero errors. The author has put in many years of her own experience in this book. She has also added the experiences of many other people in this book. And that makes it unique and special.

I award From Drift to Shift a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. This book is truly a masterpiece in the self-help genre and deserves nothing less than a perfect rating.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to succeed and excel in their life. This book will help people across all age groups. I would strongly recommend this book to people who are going through some tough times.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I like how the book has included stories of people from different walks of life as well as people at completely different stages of success. This approach is suitable for a wide pool of readers who will pick up this book.
Thanks for this amazing review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

The book contains motivational story of people who overcame difficult times in their life. People going through tough times or want to succeed will find this book truly helpful. Great review!
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

I think its great that the author balanced motivational stories of others and helping readers find their motivation as well. Good to know its deserving of a perfect rating. Thanks for the great review!
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I think it's great that this book starts by asking the reader fundamental life questions. The self reflection that comes with that is important when reading books like this one. Great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I didn’t realize this book had motivational stories in addition to the advice and exercises. This sounds like a great combination to keep the reader engaged in different ways. Thank you for your thorough review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

It's great to see that the author has included the motivational stories of other people to encourage the reader. The book that interacts with a reader certainly leaves a deeper impact and makes one think over their decisions. Thanks for the great review.
Medhansh Bhardwaj

Mindful Wordsmith wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 13:06 I like how the book has included stories of people from different walks of life as well as people at completely different stages of success. This approach is suitable for a wide pool of readers who will pick up this book.
Thanks for this amazing review. :tiphat:
Exactly. The stories are the life of this book.
Medhansh Bhardwaj

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 21:26 The book contains motivational story of people who overcame difficult times in their life. People going through tough times or want to succeed will find this book truly helpful. Great review!
Thanks. This book is a must read for those people who are stuck in a rut in their lives. It is a game changer for them!
Medhansh Bhardwaj

DyanaFl wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 11:29 I think its great that the author balanced motivational stories of others and helping readers find their motivation as well. Good to know its deserving of a perfect rating. Thanks for the great review!
Yeah, had there been one more story the balance would have been blown off. I appreciate the author in not swaying too much from the main point of this book- motivation.
Medhansh Bhardwaj

C Janet wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 14:32 I think it's great that this book starts by asking the reader fundamental life questions. The self reflection that comes with that is important when reading books like this one. Great review!
Yes, and the exercises at the end are equally important. They practically relate the book to real life.
Medhansh Bhardwaj

MsH2k wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 00:49 I didn’t realize this book had motivational stories in addition to the advice and exercises. This sounds like a great combination to keep the reader engaged in different ways. Thank you for your thorough review!
Yeah, this book has atleast 10 different motivational stories. It kept me hooked till the end.
addicted reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-addicted-reader.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by addicted reader »

I love reading motivational stories and from this insightful review review, I'm convinced that, From Drift to Shift by Jody B. Miller is a wonderful one . I'm adding it to my list of a must read books. Thanks for this insightful review.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Motivational books are not exactly my cup of tea. However, the author has managed to use the stories of others to drive his point. That is something I must commend on. Thanks for your review.
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I love when motivational self-help books have summarized points of focus. It helps readers condense and absorb the most pertinent points! Thank you for your lovely review. 📖

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”