Review of Valoria

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Suenet Steenkamp
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suenet-steenkamp.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Review of Valoria

Post by Suenet Steenkamp »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Valoria" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This epic tale, Valoria: Heirdom, written by the author, Tayma Tameem, revolves around the three kingdoms of Al Kunooz: Valoria, Intellectus and Tranquilium. The story starts fifteen years after the great war between the two kingdoms Valoria and Intellectus, in which both kingdoms lost beloved members of their families. That is why Queen Zainah of Valoria agreed to a treaty to stop all the bloodshed. The treaty involved three of her children; Crown Prince Zain, Princess Zeina and Prince Zacharia, to marry three of Queen Donya of Intellectus’ children; Crown Prince Adam, Princess Amber and Princess Ameera. Zain is set to marry Amber, Zeina is set to marry Adam and Zacharia is set to marry Ameera. Zain and his younger sister, Zeina, are quite shocked to find out that the weddings, which was supposed to happen in three years’ time is suddenly brought forward to a few months’ time. Zacharia and Ameera will only be getting married years from now since they are still young.

Off course the King of Tranquilium was not pleased about this arrangement, because it means that none of his children stands a chance to marry one of the other two kingdoms’ children. He accepts it nonetheless for the sake of peace, or so it seemed... Zain is quite ecstatic to get married so soon, because he and Amber immediately felt a connection between them. The same can’t be said for Zeina and Adam. Initially they don’t get along. Maybe it’s because Zeina feels that she can’t completely trust the Royals of Intellectus, not after all the rumours she heard about Queen Najma, Adam’s grandmother, being responsible for her uncle Zaki’s death. There are a lot of tension between the two families, given their history, but everyone realizes they have to work together for the greater good. There are a lot of unanswered questions and mysteries that are yet to be revealed to the children of the royals. Zeina is a headstrong Princess and believes that something else is amiss and it seems the Kings and Queens are reluctant to mention anything. Princess Zeina is determined to find out what it is.

I really enjoyed reading this book, because it’s not predictable and is a one-of-a-kind story, not a typical cliché book. I really had a hard time putting it down, because there is never a dull moment. The author, Tayma Tameem, knows how to capture the readers’ attention from the beginning to the end and she is exceptionally well with creating unique characters and the plot was just as interesting. The part that I enjoyed the most was to see how the relationship between the Crown Prince Adam and Princess Zeina blossomed from detesting each other to at least being able to get along, after they got to know each other better.

There isn’t really anything negative to mention about this book, except that I would’ve preferred to learn more about the Kingdom of Tranquilium, and their royal family. The other part that bothers me is the fact that there are a lot of unresolved issues, but I guess it’s not at all that bad, at least we have book two to look forward to.

I would not say that this book was professionally edited, because there are a few typing, spelling and grammar errors. Therefore, I can not give this book a perfect star rating, but instead I will give it 3 out of 4 stars, because it truly is a book worth reading. The few errors there are, did not discourage me from reading the book any further and the errors are barely noticeable.

If you are the type of person that appreciates reading a satisfactory fantasy novel or just enjoy an intriguing story about kingdoms and all the drama that comes with being a king, queen, prince or princess, I would most definitely recommend this book. I assure you that you won’t regret reading it.

Valoria
View: on Bookshelves
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I'm curious to know what happened after Crown Prince Adam and Princess Zeina formed a better relationship. Did they stay loyal to each other or found out some other dark secrets!
Thanks for this wonderful review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

This book sounds like a fairly tale with princes, princesses and all, but it also seems to be interesting. I would like to read it if only to try and solve the mysteries you point out. Thanks for this good review.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
Suenet Steenkamp
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suenet-steenkamp.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Suenet Steenkamp »

I really enjoyed this book. It is by far one of the best books I have read. I'm sure there is another book in this series, which will help to clarify all the unsolved mysteries. I will definitely look out for the book, and be one of the first to read it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”