Review of I Know My Way Memoir

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Review of I Know My Way Memoir

Post by collinsogw555 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "I Know My Way Memoir" by Theresa Marafito with Linda Odubayo Thompson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I Know My Way Memoir By Theresa Marifito With Linda Odubayo Thompson is a sad and interesting book that tells a story about a girl who had issues with her eyes. Imagine living your whole life with just one functioning eye or living with one disability or the other. How would she be able to cope with her everyday activities and face life as it unfolds?

Theresa Marifito was born like every other human being, but she suffered from a disease called Nystagmus. A lateral movement of the eye back and forth. She was not able to see what was on paper and would soon not be able to see properly again. She was worried about this. One day, she met a man called Jerry. He was a confident man and never wanted people to look down on him because of the issues he had with his eyes. Theresa had no idea that life as she knew it was about to change for the better and the worst.

This book has a very soothing and attractive book cover. I often found myself just staring at it like a work of art. I enjoyed the way the author wrote, and her choice of words was simple and easy to understand. I admired Jerry for his confidence and strength, and I also loved the way he supported Theresa. I enjoyed seeing pictures of the family members as I read this book because it allowed me to relate easily to what the family was going through. This book was very touching, and I often felt my eyes water while I read.

I always wanted the best for the family and was happy whenever they were happy. For example, Jerry had a swimming pool in his yard, and he always went there to listen to the Yankees on the radio, and I wished things just remained peaceful for him and his family. I did not see any negative aspects of this well-written book, so I didn't hate anything about it. The book had a nice pace book that always kept me eager to know what would happen to Jerry.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I was touched by every page. I connected with each character as if I knew them personally. I also believe that a professional edited this exceptionally well because I didn’t come across errors. I recommend this book to adults over the age of 18 who love reading family drama or memoirs. Adults who are interested in motivational or inspirational books can also give this book a read.

I Know My Way Memoir
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for your honest and insightful review regarding the book, which tells us how difficult it is to live with only one eye to see.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
reviewinraven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewinraven.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by reviewinraven »

This truly sounds like a deep and meaningful book. I agree that the book cover does look calming, almost as if it is inviting me to read it. Thank you for your review.
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

I am currently reading this one and it is very emotional.Thanks for a nice review :)
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

I'm a heavy fan of memoirs, and I think this book will be a suitable read for me. The story of Theresa Marifito sounds like an inspiring one. Thanks for this nice review.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like the character of Jerry because he treats Theresa protectively and also radiates confidence. Thanks for reading recommendation.
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

Nystagmus is something I've never heard of. Quite an interesting tale. I'll love to read this, thanks for a nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”