Review of Stupid Divorce

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Review of Stupid Divorce

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stupid Divorce" by Vincent Fudge II.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lately there has been an increase in the rate of broken marriages and vows. Some marriages don't even last a year and people are left wondering, asking themselves why did the wed couple go before the alter in the first place, what went wrong and if really there was no solution. Some people might be finding themselves in a similar situation lately, seeing no hope and wondering what went wrong and thinking that divorce might be the solution to them finding their happiness but not sure on what do. Well, Vincent Fudge has given us a glimpse of the difficulties in marriage that lead to divorce by narrating his heart-breaking marital journey through Stupid Divorce.

Vincent depicts himself as Edward, a father of two as well as a husband to his wife. They had been together for over a decade in their toxic relationship until marriage which eventually went downhill leading to their divorce. They experienced a lot of complications in their marriage until finally they decided to call it quits with the divorce being instigated by the wife. Even though they wanted to divorce without a lot of tension, they experienced the harsh and painful realities of divorce with no one to good-heartedly advise them on how to resolve their issues. Indeed, they did try to resolve their issues after experiencing a lot of pain and suffering throughout but that also was in vain. Both parties finally decided to just give up on their marriage because there was nothing of value anymore besides tension and never ending battles. Even though Edward had learnt a lot from his mistakes in their marriage and decided to become a better person, it was now of no use but perhaps for the future.

What I find most endearing in this heart-breaking narrative is that Vincent educates readers all about divorce and the hardships one might go through with it. I love how he is detailed about all proceedings that one might not know in divorce and that it is not as joyous as some might make it seem. Honestly, I couldn't find any thing exceptionally bad about this book and I love it!

This illuminating novel deserves 4 out of 4 stars because it is quite an informative read and could help a lot of people who are going through a rough patch in their marriage right now. Also it deserves this high esteem because of its excellent writing which shows it has been well edited.

I recommend this book for young adults, couples who are considering marriage as well as married couples because I believe they could learn a lot about the red flags in their relationship, things to avoid and how to tackle some issues just by going through Vincent's journey of divorce.

Stupid Divorce
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I believe that the majority of couples that get married today think that it’s going to be all fun all the time and that divorce is the easy answer if it’s not. The reality is that marriage takes a lot of work. We’ve been married 28 years and we’ve had lots of times that were not fun and we haven’t even been married long when compared to some others.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP

Amy Luman wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 13:19 I believe that the majority of couples that get married today think that it’s going to be all fun all the time and that divorce is the easy answer if it’s not. The reality is that marriage takes a lot of work. We’ve been married 28 years and we’ve had lots of times that were not fun and we haven’t even been married long when compared to some others.
True! A lot of people have some misguided information regarding marriage, then when finally dealing with marriage, they experience a different situation altogether.
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

Interesting review of "Stupid Divorce" by Vincent Fudge II. I think it will be a educational book for married couples, thanks for the review.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP

Tebogo Eugene M wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 08:32 Interesting review of "Stupid Divorce" by Vincent Fudge II. I think it will be a educational book for married couples, thanks for the review.
True, but I also believe it could be of importance to couples still considering marriage don't you think? At least by reading the information in this book, they have an inkling of what to expect in marriage before they tie the knot!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”