Review of Into the Hand of a Woman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Review of Into the Hand of a Woman

Post by Moray_001 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Into the Hand of a Woman" by Carla C. Ohse.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A story of justice, love and God.

Into the Hand of a Woman is a romantic yet spiritual book written by Carla C. Ohse. The story is about a compassionate judge, Deborah Miller, who seeks justice for women that have fallen victim to human trafficking. After an encounter with Jordana, a victim of human trafficking, Deborah believes that God has given her a mission to set the captives free.

Deborah travels from America to Northern Israel to uncover the inhumane acts of Sergeant Sisera and find out what is going on in the ‘tent city’. Upon her arrival, Deborah meets Lieutenant Barak Cohen, her Israeli guide. Deborah and Barak (also called Barry) form a strong bond of love with God and their zeal for justice as their foundation.

I like how straightforward the plot is. There are no unnecessary fillers or characters. This book is a quick read that will keep you interested from the first few pages. I enjoyed the deep spiritual connection Deborah had with God. She was not afraid to pray and seek guidance from God. She also wasn’t afraid to share her faith and speak out. I think this was an aspect of her that made her relationship with Barry so strong. They both had something in common to build their relationship.

A particular quote in the book was striking, “Uniforms cover the man but actions define him.” It shows that your actions portray your character even more than words or titles. I admire Deborah’s character because even though she wasn’t always sure of herself, she was brave and didn’t give up easily. I admire Barry’s strength, courage, integrity, honour, deep sense of love and affection.

There are a few things I didn’t like and wish the writer would improve on. For example, I would have loved to know more about Barak Cohen beyond the military personality. It would have made the characters more relatable. Also, being a spiritual book loosely based on Bible characters, I found it odd that Deborah and Barry were sexually involved with each other quite a few times.

However, the romantic scenes were not explicit. Despite this, it has piqued my interest to read the passage in the Bible about Deborah. Also, there were a few grammatical errors I noticed. Although, they did not distract me from the story.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because it was a gripping emotional story. However, there were a few errors I noticed. I recommend it to readers who enjoy fast-paced romance, action and suspense.

Into the Hand of a Woman
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”