Review of The Fourth Kinetic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kimberly Stafford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberly-stafford.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Review of The Fourth Kinetic

Post by Kimberly Stafford »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Fear is a self-inflicted wound before you've even started to fight." - The Fourth Kinetic Clairvoyants by Brady Moore.

Our story follows the story of a young teenage boy. He isn't just a typical kid. He has a 'gift.' Rion Grean struggles with always having to move. The consequences of constantly moving causes him to have little to no real friends. He doesn't realize that his mother has been lying to him. She knows exactly what her son is, but we as the audience are unsure about her part in all of this. He's a 'Kinetic.' He can move objects with his mind, and along the way he meets two groups of Clairvoyants.

The Phantoms and the Predators. (The two groups don't get along so well.)

There are 4 strains of Clairvoyants.

What I loved most about our male hero is that he has a fighting and fiery spirit about him. I came to fall in love with each and every character, even though Lyra holds a very special place in my heart (how can you not love her?!?!). His friendship with Ara is so genuine and sweet from the beginning, and it was nice to see him forming bonds with the Phantoms and the Predators. Even our tough man Leo eventually softens up towards Rion toward the end. I found it interesting that each Kinetic has their own different sets of skills/powers.

I can't say that there was anything I particularly disliked. I devoured the book all in one sitting (annoying my parents because I refused to leave the book!). I applaud the editor because I spotted no spelling or grammatical mistakes.

I would give Brady Moore's novel a 4 out of 4. The story was compelling and there was never a dull moment. The book is paced very nicely plot wise. The ending even made me tear up a little, but I'll let you other readers discover that for yourselves. The ending also leaves you with a little mystery. I'm prepared to read more incoming books in this series.

As for a targeted audience, I could see this appealing to both young adults and adults. For parents with younger children, there's no profanity or adult content in the book. I do forewarn that there is a character death in the novel (but it's done in a tasteful way and not graphic/inappropriate).

I thoroughly enjoyed this read, and I hope to see more from this author!

The Fourth Kinetic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Mary Rose Cajayon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-rose-cajayon.html
Latest Review: 17 Laws of Nature by Maurice Huff

Post by Mary Rose Cajayon »

I would surely love to read this book soon.I love stories of superheroes because of their strength and power. I have always been a fan of incredible super heroes since I was a child and until now this feeling did not grow old in me. These heroes' stories are just what we really need these days that we are being beaten so hard with pandemic thing.I would definitely read this one. Thank you for the great review!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’m very smitten with this novel myself. Rion’s character really strikes a chord with me. Thanks for the review!
Kashvi Gatuam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kashvi Gatuam »

I love stories of superheroes because of their strength and power. I have always been a fan of incredible super heroes since I was a child . I like the way that Rion is able to bond with the other clairvoyants. He doesn’t really seem very different. 
jide_76
Currently Reading: The Freedom Building
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by jide_76 »

The fourth kinetic comes under a genre that is not my normal day take. But the careful review by Kimberly Stafford will entice anyone to give the book a try.
I'm getting this book; I really wish to learn about the FOUR kinetics and not only the FOURTH.
Miracle Chidera 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-chidera-1.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Miracle Chidera 1 »

This trope has been churned again and again but there is something fresh in Kimberly Stafford's reviews.
Thanks.
Portia Movundlela
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Portia Movundlela »

I'm loving the story line it's so interesting can't bring my self to stop reading and also to uncover the mystery Rion mom is keeping from him, big up to the author.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”