Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bhart1988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhart1988.html
Latest Review: The Newton Code by Liam Fialkov

Re: Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by bhart1988 »

That was a good review, but I think there was a lot of bias (obviously) infused but it is definitely a valiant effort at finding an agreement between religion and science.
Alexis Blevins 1
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexis-blevins-1.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Alexis Blevins 1 »

I have just finished this book and found it very interesting. I agree with you that it is best for those that subscribe to the Jewish or Christian faith. I noticed that I did not have a huge understanding of the Jewish faith, the belief systems, and how they differ slightly from Christian beliefs. I found myself confused on certain topics in this book. Once I looked at external sources it because more clear to me that the author was writing from a specific religious stand point and things became a little more clear as I was reading. I did highly enjoy this!
BookishWorld
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by BookishWorld »

The two lines of thought often clash instead of merge. This book's convincing ability to come up with a plausible case for the latter enough to merit a perfect review score makes it more intriguing.
Awuor Esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Awuor Esther »

I have to admit, I've been dodging this book but after finding out what's actually inside from this review... Am going for it. There's nothing I love more than a debate about science and the Bible
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

This book was on my list but unfortunately, I couldn't read it because of the format it was available to read. But this review definitely gives me an insight into the content of the book, science and religion. Thank you for a great review!
Meriting73
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Meriting73 »

The book shows us importance of science and bible as human beings, generation to generation we need this two.
VU TRAN MINH
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vu-tran-minh.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by VU TRAN MINH »

Thank you for giving a nice review. Yes, I am really like the topic between science studying and spirituality studying. This may be a good book for me to see.
Arcanthia Zeal
Currently Reading: It's Hard to Be a Vampire
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Arcanthia Zeal »

I am currently reading this novel and I am in love with it. Thank you for the great review.

Happy Reading

Arcanthia Zeal
arisha islam

Post by arisha islam »

Iam interesting concept to harmonize science and religion, but maybe just for me... I tend to steer away from books surrounding religious as it's a massive gray area. good review!
Eubrown

Post by Eubrown »

the writer did a good job here by evaluating and making us know there is difference between science and religion In my own view religion and science and different we are all met yo believe what works for us.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This is quite an interesting combo. Religion and science aren't usually written together. I find that intriguing so I'll definitely pick up this book.
Richard Onyebuwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Richard Onyebuwa »

Wow. I find it nice that the author tries to close the huge gap between religion and science in this well researched, honest and thought provoking book. I'm happy I was able to learn a few things from it.
Nomvuyo Dlamini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomvuyo-dlamini.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Post by Nomvuyo Dlamini »

your review actually makes me want to read this book. As a non-believer who grew up in a Christian family, I would love to hear the author's well-researched arguments. thank you for the review
leonard cavallaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonard-cavallaro.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by leonard cavallaro »

TheMazeRunner wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 00:34 This book is okay, but the author focused on his beliefs too much for my opinion. Great review!
I'm going to have to agree here as books that force religion can easily become too preachy for me. I'd much rather enjoy the plot and characters without those aspects. Still, a nice review that made me consider some of the positive points I might not have otherwise.
PHOEBE CLAIRE L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phoebe-claire-l.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by PHOEBE CLAIRE L »

Science-based on facts. Religion was on ideals and faith. This book seems thought-provoking. Thanks for an excellent review of the book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”