Review of The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Re: Review of The Biblical Clock

Post by B Sheila Holt »

This seems to be a very interesting book. I enjoyed the parts that I read, plus your very insightful and beautifully written review helped me to see that the book is one I really should read. Great job!!!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

It could be interesting to see this particular author’s interpretation of the Bible and how it compares to scientific principles such as evolution. I’m fairly doubtful that I would come to the same conclusions as the author, but it could make for a compelling mental exercise. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

Science is yet to logically connect the interactions between matter and intent or thought. To rule out the existence of an intelligence that intended what we know to be and succeeded, is unscientific. Especially, because science is still finding its way around the anatomy and structure of the material world let alone its origin. Congrats to the author, though.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

The subject of the Bible and science has been a topic of concern for me. I wish to read how the author of this book addressed it.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

Science may have existed before the publication of the Bible, but science did not explain life in context. However, we must realize that Bible was written in ancient times. During the time of Moses. I do not think any scientist has risen to the occasion by then.
NicciH
Currently Reading: Blood Laws
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niccih.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by NicciH »

Although this book can be be read from either a scientific or religious point of view, there will be people whom might see it as blasphemy. This might be a very interesting book to read, even though the review did feel like the author wrote it from personal beliefs and own point of view. The inclusion of the glossary will come in handy especially if someone is not well versed in science or religion. Excellent review.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Saumya Guptaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saumya-guptaa.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Saumya Guptaa »

For me, the scientific part of the creation of the universe makes more sense because that is something I can understand and not think of as fictional. The whole mythical part of the creation is a bit tough to get behind. But the book sounds interesting and the inclusion of maps and figures might make it intriguing.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. It's rare for a book to use science perspectives to discuss the Bible. Looks like the two authors, Daniel Friedman and Dania Sheldon, have done a good job.
Hhannahh
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: The Whaler's Daughter by Jerry Mikorenda

Post by Hhannahh »

I read through this book some time ago and the author did make reasonable and sound arguments for both science and the bible. I'm of the opinion that both are intertwined.
Congratulations to the BOTD.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

I haven't seen evolution through the lens of the Bible and science. This book sounds like a book of contrast. Congratulations on your BOTD.
fabian ver v
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by fabian ver v »

i think the bible have been prove the existence of science thru factual remains and the things and the scene would happen in the future..
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

Two subjects that are known to contradict each other. I am glad you mentioned pictures and graphs because that added to the things I like to see and read in this book. Thanks for the review. Keep it up!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

The religious bend of this book would not be suitable for my choice. Hence I will pass this one. Thanks for the review though!
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

Such a great book. I read the book a long time ago and it open my eyes to see the correlation between the universe and God. It is surely a book to devout time to read. Congrats on making the book of the day.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

This book analyzes the links between science and the Bible. Some people believe the Bible was made up by people that wanted their followers to believe in God. The authors of this book take a nonpartisan research approach to prove that science and religion are interlinked. They research the link they believe exists between the universe, human-kind and God's divine plan. I look forward to reading this entire book since I believe that God's divine plan can be supported by science. Very good official review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”