Review of Chase Found Grit

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Review of Chase Found Grit

Post by zainherb »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chase Found Grit" by Jeanne Evelyn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chase is stuck at home and hates this. He wants to be back at school with his friends. Chase wants the new sneakers and new clothes he would’ve gotten were he to be resuming physically to school. He is tired of Zoom lectures and having to submit homework essays online while staring at the walls of his boring room.

His teacher sends him a message; Chase hasn’t done his past-due homework yet and doesn’t want to. Miss Serrano, his in-class support, helps him through his frustration and shows him he has grit. Chase doesn’t know what grit is, but he is about to find out. He is also about to find out something particularly surprising and pleasing to him, his teachers, and his mother. Chase Found Grit, written by Jeanne Evelyn, is a lovely children’s fiction book. Even though it is only 32 pages long, it is packed with a lot of content that we all can benefit from.

I loved everything about the book. I loved the way the book began in a way that intrigued and aroused curiousity. The book passed across a beneficial message, which is quite relevant presently. It was written so that some of the end-words rhymed, making them sound poetic, making it rather enjoyable. The bright, truly spectacular illustrations made the book even more interesting. I loved how Chase’s story was relatable, and the unexpected resolution at the end was a nice twist. The editor did a great job. As one would expect in a children’s book, the book was free of grammatical and typographical errors.

There was nothing I disliked about the book. For the aforementioned reasons, I give this book four out of four stars.

I recommend Chase Found Grit to children of any age who can read, and adults as well. Adults who like to read fiction books and who enjoy pictures in their books. I recommend it also to those who have some difficulty dealing with their emotions. Those who do not care for fiction or books with pictures may not like it.

Chase Found Grit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
:techie-reference:
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

Sounds great, this is a very detailed review keep up the great work. 👏
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Nice. I hope other readers find it interesting too. Good job you did here.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html

Post by zainherb »

Eloque3locks wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 13:18 Sounds great, this is a very detailed review keep up the great work. 👏
Thank you for reading and commenting.
Uzo_Reviews wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 23:45 Nice. I hope other readers find it interesting too. Good job you did here.
I hope so too. Thank you for reading and commenting.
:techie-reference:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”