Review of Shadow Eclipse Voyage

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priyanshi Sharma 2
Currently Reading: Tinman
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanshi-sharma-2.html
Latest Review: Shadow Eclipse Voyage by E. M. Gale

Review of Shadow Eclipse Voyage

Post by Priyanshi Sharma 2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Shadow Eclipse Voyage" by E. M. Gale.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Florentina Clarke, our protagonist is a normal theorist living in the 21st century with four of her friends - Rob, Mark, Anna, and Janne. In the initial chapter of the book, she found herself in a one-night stand with a mysterious person. On an adjacent day, when she met her friends at a club, she started feeling something different about her or should we say she was becoming a Vampire herself. Besides, on the same day, one of her friends tried an experiment that made them stuck in the 23rd century or 200 years in the future. Now, this is where the story becomes more interesting as with her friends she found herself on another planet and now she has to find her way back to the present while surviving all the obstacles that were about to come her way.

On this journey, she started accepting her new vampire self and learning about her abilities. But somehow she got herself on the run from Yakuza and to survive she along with her friends needs a job. And while searching for so, she got an offer from a heavily armed smuggling spaceship that has nothing much to do with smuggling but more to do with fighting with unknowns. Although, it is a sort of ship that she would never in a thousand years have worked for. Keeping the circumstances in mind, she had no other option left. How whose experiment led them to the 23rd century? How she becomes a vampire? How will she reveal her identity? What's waiting for them on this journey? And would they be able to get back where they have started? You will only discover this after reading.

I am thrilled to inform you that I thoroughly relished reading Shadow Eclipse: Voyage which is the first book in the Shadow Eclipse Series by E. M. Gale. This book kept me on the verge and I loved how the book really turned out. But many questions remained unanswered which was silly. However, eagerly looking forward to the upcoming adventures of Clarke in the series and finally get explanations.

Enjoyed each character in the book. For a lover of vampires, sci-fi and time travel like myself, there is nothing that could be more interesting than this one. Even if you are the one who wants to read something new, you must definitely give it a go. There were only a few errors that could be neglected in the book. And hence, I give this book 4 out of 4 rating as I like every aspect of the book.

Shadow Eclipse Voyage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

I really want to imagine how the 23rd century would look like. The sophistication of technology, the style of life, and the rest. Nice review!
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think I will skip this book because it is too much in the realm of science fiction for my taste. Thanks for the detailed review.
Kyle Sutheran
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Elizabeth Moore Kraus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle-sutheran.html
Latest Review: From Flames to Valor by Jose L Berrios
fav_author_id: 258142
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 270%

Post by Kyle Sutheran »

Thank you for your review, it is well detailed and very well crafted. I love the sci fi fiction books and think this novel is well up my street. I think I will find some time to read this book in the future.
K. Sutheran :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”