Review of The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Review of The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III

Post by Mercy Osmond »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III" by Steven L Masia.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the land of magic called Arden. A prophecy was foretold about a young wizard saving the universe from the forces of a dark being named Evilore. The Evilore was defeated many years ago by two wizards but he returned to be the ruler of the universe and turning every living being to be a demon. From his childhood, the young wizard named Uwe was trained by his parents and his great-great-great-great grandfather named Edam to defeat the Evilore. When the Evilore came to Arden to destroy them, a great battle was fought, which led to the demise of all the wizards except Uwe and also he lost his family and friends in the battle. Making Uwe the last wizard alive.

The Evilore was defeated in the battle, but not completely, its spirit remains. This is the beginning of Uwe's journey. He will travel to the world of the dwarves, elves, wyrens, dragons and demons to seek the magical armor of power he will use in destroying the heart of the Evilore so that the being will be destroyed forever. Unbeknownst to Uwe the Evilore is not the only enemy. Vector a wizard that was entrapped by the Evilore was released when the Evilore was defeated. Vector plan to help Uwe in gaining the armor to destroy the heart of the Evilore then he will capture Uwe and use the power for his gain. In Uwe's adventure to seek the magical armor, love and friendship were found. Thrown with many obstacles in his journey will he succeed in this great feat?

The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia is a story that revolves around magic. The book reflects on individual lust for power and having men under their feet. Steven in his book portrays the importance of cooperation. Working together as a team will make one achieve a desirable result. It also entails that with determination one can achieve anything. I am impressed with Steven's style in creating lots of themes in this story.

The Trials of Uwe, Part I, II and III is a fascinating story. What I enjoyed most in this story is Uwe's strong spirit. I admire his patient and his strong will not to give up, despite the fact he lost his family and friends which left him broken, and the difficulties he faced in his journey. I felt his pain as he journeys to bring an end to the Evilore.

What I dislike about the book is I wasn't happy with the way the book ended. For me, the author didn't provide a befitting end to this story which made me questioned, why the trials? If the ending will be this way.

The book was not professionally edited. I found a lot of errors in the book. Owing to this, I will rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. However, it an interesting story that readers will enjoy. I recommend this book to fans of epic science fiction and readers that love magic stories.

The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III
View: on Bookshelves
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

The love story was also quite unusual :) Thanks for your honest review!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

Uwe sounds like an interesting character; too bad the book was so poorly edited. Thanks for your review!
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Mtibza eM wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 05:10 Thank you for sharing your review with us. Great job!
Thanks for your comment.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Ellylion wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 11:01 The love story was also quite unusual :) Thanks for your honest review!
Thanks for your view.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Jagiine wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 13:49 Uwe sounds like an interesting character; too bad the book was so poorly edited. Thanks for your review!
Thanks for your comment.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

This book seems very fascinating and something I would enjoy reading. I admire Uwe's strength and determination to fight even after losing his whole family. Thanks for the great review.
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

Wizards and magic. I love the sound of this! Thanks for the review.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Mtibza eM wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 05:10 Thank you for sharing your review with us. Great job!
Thanks for reading and commenting.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Ruchi Raina wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 15:15 This book seems very fascinating and something I would enjoy reading. I admire Uwe's strength and determination to fight even after losing his whole family. Thanks for the great review.
Uwe is indeed a brave soul. Thanks for your comment.
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Victoria Munyandi wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 06:39 Wizards and magic. I love the sound of this! Thanks for the review.
It's an interesting story, you will enjoy it. Thanks for your comment.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I'm the 'readers that love magic stories'. Plus, this is an interesting book from your summary. Thanks for the recommendation.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Wow! There were a lot of greats between Uwe and Edam. He must have been the one destined to defeat the Evilore. Hopefully he is successful at last. Thank you for your thorough review and your take on this epic science fiction. :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

The plot surrounds around 'magic' which is itself so interesting and unique! You would've definitely enjoyed reading this one. Great review, thanks!^^

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”