Review of Street Sweeper

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miracle_Tessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-tessy.html
Latest Review: Street Sweeper by Paul Drewitt

Review of Street Sweeper

Post by Miracle_Tessy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Street Sweeper" by Paul Drewitt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Immediately I read the description of the book Street Sweeper, I was captivated at once. The story revolves around a medical school graduate Doctor Joanne Winters who gets a chance to put her novel research to the test. It was just supposed to take some months, a few people and a change of lifestyle, little did she know that her entire life would take a different turn.

Some things are better left not experienced. Joanne Winters was young, she was intelligent, but she was also very ambitious. She was different from her peers ready to take risks her peers wouldn’t even dare, but whether it was worth it, in the end, became the bone of contention.

I loved the directness of the story. Paul Drewitt was very straightforward. The story was so fast-paced that I finished it in one sitting. I just didn’t like the way it ended though, It felt like I was owed some explanation, even though deep down I knew it was part of what made it more intriguing. I got a glimpse of the ugliness of poor family relationships from this story. As the author takes you through the journey the main character had to go on to move ahead in her medical career, your eyes will be open to a lot of issues ranging from parenthood, career pursuits, the love between siblings to societal hazard. This book is a family-themed book as it is very medical, and none of what was written about was hard to decipher. The message was passed across properly.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because I enjoyed the story, and there were no typo errors. This shows how well edited the book was. Kudos to the writer and editors of the book.

Although there were a lot of adult contents in the book, I recommend Street Sweeper for teens (because of the lessons the story teaches), and also for adult readers who love family/medical fictions.

Street Sweeper
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”