Review of Catapulting Commissions

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sheilaread
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheilaread.html
Latest Review: Small Things, Big Things by Dr. Michael A. Milton

Review of Catapulting Commissions

Post by Sheilaread »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Catapulting Commissions" by Anthony Garcia.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia, is a short non-fiction book about how to set sales goals and how a person can improve their corporate business. The author promises to help the reader set goals and prepare for adversity and failure. He is also very capable of helping the reader with their sales questions. He has more than twenty years of executive sales expertise, business sales experience, knowledge on how to raise personal commissions and many years of failures and successes in his own career portfolio. The purpose here is to identify and explain several questions you need to ask yourself, before setting your own goals.

In this book of eleven chapters equaling eleven questions, each focusing on a vital topic about setting up a quality plan for yourself. Anthony Garcia uses each chapter to ask eleven questions to all sales and business people. Each chapter is one question, covering a specific goal. This allows people to read the questions, take notes and learn something specific from each one. At the end of each chapter, there is a space for note taking and personal reflection. Then in some of the chapters, he has included diagrams, visual aids and other helpful items, complimentary to each subject being discussed. The author has written the book in a friendly warm tone, with a slight humor aspect, as if the reader and the author were having a conversation together.

Readers should understand that this book is only a guide to help you improve in getting your personal sales and commissions. It is not a guide on how to increase sales in a business setting. He has made it clear that when someone is setting goals, concerning sales and commissions, that having a positive attitude and a strong support system is crucial and critical. Anthony knows how to help you raise sales and get better commissions. With his many years of sales experience built into his teaching, he talks about changing your mindset and how your words and deals need to set the foundation to achieve the goals you’re looking for and how you must have a good mental attitude for how you want to succeed.

No matter what the venture you set out for, failing is a possibility. Anthony Garcia makes it clear that failing is not unusual, but it is OK to fail, as long as you continue to press forward and not give up. There are many self-help books out there covering goals, setting priorities for yourself, how to make your business better and how to improve your life, but this book also deals with how to handle failure in your sales, when you’re trying to get commissions and even more importantly, the failure that happens when you’re trying to achieve any goal. The author lets the reader know that failing is going to happen more than the accomplishments do. Think about what you need to do, what you need to give up or sacrifice, to reach the goal that you want and dig deep inside yourself to see if you’re ready to fully commit to whatever it takes to attain it.

I gave this short, yet very helpful book 4 out of 4 stars because of how easy it was to relate to my own life and future business goals, and how the author wrote it on such a personal level. I feel this book was professionally edited. There were only a few punctuation errors and zero spelling or grammatical errors, no graphic scenes, and no profanity. I would recommend this book to anyone who is working in sales and wants to increase their commission or anyone interested in going into sales or anyone interested in improving their ability to come back from any type of failure and how they can rebound from it.

There were a few things I really enjoyed about this book, like the author showed us about his accomplishments through his sales experiences, he showed us his failures during his career, he also explained how important it is to take good notes. I also enjoyed all the new ideas and tactics the author introduced. He taught us how to prepare for various adversity. He showed us how to make a plan to step out of our comfort zone, and succeed at it if we stay committed to that plan. There was nothing I didn’t like about this book. If you are looking for some help in planning out your sales goals or even just your future life goals, grab this short, information-packed book and let it guide you to success.

Catapulting Commissions
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Change UR Mind Change UR Life by Cooki Mango

Post by Emily_Jen »

Believe it or not, some people find it hard to plan and set sales and marketing goals. This is a short non-fiction book about how to set sales goals and how a person can improve their corporate business. I would be reading this one soon. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”