Review of The Devil Pulls the Strings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Readwithmiki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readwithmiki.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Review of The Devil Pulls the Strings

Post by Readwithmiki »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Devil Pulls the Strings" by J. W. Zarek.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The devil pulls the strings by J.W. Zarek is a fantasy-adventure set in Wentzville, Missouri. It also travels through New York City and 1813 Genoa, Italy. It is spiced with an amazing friendship, Secret societies, time travel and Slavic mythology. Our main character, Boone Daniels- a 22 year old musician from Missouri- finds himself filling in for an injured friend at a gig in New York, and that’s when things take a turn in his life.

What I personally loved about The Devil Pulls the Strings by J.W. Zarek is how enthralling the novel is. There are so many action scenes and so much detail within everything that has happened that I simply could not put the book down. There were romantic elements, adventure, witty characters, and amazing character chemistry. All characters had roles, and I never felt as if a chapter was written simply to be written. J.W. Zarek wrote so much suspense within the novel, questions left unanswered that later left you shocked, it was overall an amazing experience.

The amazing banter between Boone and Sapphire was so enjoyable and truly made the reader feel connected to the characters. There were some not so funny moments, where all I could do was grip onto my covers and pray for the characters. The author did an amazing job giving life to all of the characters in this book. There isn’t anything negative that I could possible say about this book, except maybe it was too well written, and I couldn’t do my daily tasks as I refused to put it down.

The Devil Pulls the Strings , in my honest option, deserves a 4 out of 4 . It was an amazing read and an overall amazing experience. I would pay to be able to experience it again. The write the characters very well and the plot was so well developed. It was funny and scary, suspenseful and heartwarming. The more I read the more I loved and connected with the characters. The ending was also amazing and leaves you hoping for another meeting with these amazing characters.

I would recommend this book to anyone that loves strong friendships and strong adventures. For fans of The Librarians and The Magicians. I highly recommend this novel to anyone that appreciates a well written fantasy-action novel. The Devil Pulls the Strings by J.W. Zarek has become one of my favorite books.

The Devil Pulls the Strings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Hey, I live in Novinger, MO. That’s about 3 hours from Wentzville. That’s a good reason to read it.
Sara chhawniwala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-chhawniwala.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Sara chhawniwala »

I can literally fell your excitment about this book from your review. I would like to read it. Thank you for the review.
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

It is heartening t note that you have really enjoyed the book. The excellent review and the rating is given is a reflection on that.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

It seems like I would enjoy reading this book. Strong friendship and strong adventures throughout the book is the element I look in any of the book I pick up. I'm adding this book in my TBR. Thank you for the amazing review.
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Post by BookBoyP »

The book seems to contain it all, the suspense, the action and to cap it up the humour. Your review shows that you really enjoyed reading the book. Good review.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

From your review the story seems fascinating. It gives me joy when a book is well written, that you feel sad when you come to the end of the story.
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

It takes a lot to say that a book is a new favourite. What entices me is the unusual plot. Somehow a concert changes this character's life...it just creates so many questions. Thank you for the awesome review. Have a lovely day.
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

The book sounds enticing and the plot seems enthralling. Romantic elements, adventure and strong friendship; this definitely seems like a book I would love to read. Thanks for the great recommendation. Amazing review!
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

friendship, Secret societies, time travel and Slavic mythology really spiced the book up. Thanks for your well written review, I really enjoyed it.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Mary Angelie G
Favorite Book: The Once and Future King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-angelie-g.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Mary Angelie G »

This book has a lot to offer. Slavic mythology piqued my interest above all.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”