Review of How To Be Successful

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Trevie Omondi Ayombe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trevie-omondi-ayombe.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Review of How To Be Successful

Post by Trevie Omondi Ayombe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How To Be Successful: Think Like A Leader by M. Curtis McCoy is a book about entrepreneurship with sprinkled advice about life in general. M. Curtis McCoy is a survivor of malignant brain cancer and type-1 diabetes who has tasted poverty to the point of living in the back of his phone store. He explains the woes that forced him to drive to the gym each morning because he didn't have a shower in the back of the store. Not to stop there, he was fired from numerous jobs for having seizures at work: something out of his control. Surely, life was unfair to him but he never gave up.

M. Curtis McCoy is an author, business owner, and keynote speaker. He writes books that help readers in communication, leadership, and personal branding. In this book, he shares conversations with other leaders and entrepreneurs about success and personal growth. The interviewee includes Jeff Wobig, a former US Navy SEAL and now an accomplished entrepreneur, Connie Wyatt, CMO of Best Cellular, Eric Payne, Managing Partner at Venture Advocates, Caujuan Mayo, Founder of Uprock Publications.

Other notable factors to success as highlighted in this book are; praying, doing research, and having a partner that completes your weaknesses. Honesty and integrity are the most valuable characters but are rare to find in people.

What I like about this book is the fact that the author uses his own story of success plus other peoples' stories to bring out what success looks like. It is a writing style that covers different perspectives of success in life while giving a first-hand experience. He says success is about doing something that improves the lives of others and makes you truly happy. When you have a positive mind and you keep doing good to people, you are on the right path to success. In the words of Jeff Wobig, two things drive us in this world: desperation and inspiration. Being inspired creates an environment to chase success at any level.

This book was professionally edited and has no typos. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to entrepreneurs and any other person trying to achieve small goals in life. This is because the main theme is on entrepreneurship skills but with other advice that would lead to success at any point in life as a whole. It is good to note that the author is a Christian and he uses Bible references to support his arguments

How To Be Successful
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
By Trevor Omondi :idea:
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

I am glad the author was able to overcome the tragedies in his life and write a book like this. I like that the book uses not only his experiences, but research and others' experiences to make his points. I might give this one a try. Thanks for the review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Trevie Omondi Ayombe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trevie-omondi-ayombe.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Trevie Omondi Ayombe »

maggi3 wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 21:42 I am glad the author was able to overcome the tragedies in his life and write a book like this. I like that the book uses not only his experiences, but research and others' experiences to make his points. I might give this one a try. Thanks for the review!
Thanks. It is an interesting book. Give it a try.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”