Review of Yesterday

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Review of Yesterday

Post by Ruchi Raina »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Reincarnation - A concept many of us believe in even today, the belief that a part of us, our souls, is reborn with a different physical body after our death. In this book, we see how the love shared by two souls forces destiny to bring them together again and when that happens, the sparks start flying and within no time they both fall hard.

Yesterday: A Novel Of Reincarnation by Samyann is a tale of romance that will get you hooked from the very first page. Our protagonists, Amanda and Mark, meet when Amanda plays the knight in shining armour and saves Mark, a cop, from what could have been his tragic death. The act lands her in the hospital, and 'the lady who saved the cop' becomes a hero overnight, though she doesn't want any of it, neither the cop nor the fame. But Mark keeps on pursuing her and asks her or rather orders her to have dinner with him. Amanda feels connected to him and suspects she knows him from somewhere and then they, coincidentally, meet at Ed's shop, where she went to buy the grandfather clock because its chimes made her feel something, something she could not define. Mark too is confused and feels the connection between them. Their first dinner together and they come to know everything there is to know about the other and they plan to have the next dinner at Amanda's place. During the next dinner date, she tells the hero about her weird fascination with the clock and the hero shares the sentiment and henceforth starts their romance. They start digging about the history of the clock and how it is related to them, and the information makes them curious enough to start asking their souls for answers, and answers they get. They venture into their past lives to know more about their connection and how the clock fits into it. From here the story starts fluctuating between their past lives and the present and finally the whole mystery starts unravelling. We get glimpses of Amanda's past life as Bonnie and later her connection to Mark and the part the clock played in her past life, is revealed.

I loved the writing style and how the author presented the characters. The way their emotions are portrayed, I felt like I was seeing it all with my own eyes. I loved how Mark was not willing to give up on Amanda even when she pushed him away so many times. Also, his rapport with Mary was heartwarming. Pete and his good humour too made the book an absolute delight to read.

The book had a nice flow, and I couldn't spot any errors. It seemed professionally edited. It had me turning pages eagerly, anticipating what's about to happen next. There was nothing I didn't like in the book. The story had the exact amount of mystery, suspense and romance that kept the reader wanting more.

I will rate this book "four out of four stars" as there seemed to be no flaws and it was a short and sweet read.

I will recommend this book to readers who love romance with a bit of suspense and also to those who believe in reincarnation. This is a good read for young adults too.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Reader-247
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-247.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Reader-247 »

This book is speaking to the romantic in me. It appears to be light-hearted yet suspenseful. Thanks for the enticing review.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

This seems like an interesting book. I would love to read it. Great review.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

The idea of reincarnation fascinates me. This promises to be an interesting read. Great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruchi Raina »

Reader-247 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:12 This book is speaking to the romantic in me. It appears to be light-hearted yet suspenseful. Thanks for the enticing review.
Oh yes! This book is great. If the concept of rebirth and fate bringing two lovers together fascinates you, then this is the book for you. Thank you so much for your comment :tiphat:
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruchi Raina »

63tty wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 07:57 This seems like an interesting book. I would love to read it. Great review.
Yes, it is. Thank you for your comment :) :tiphat:
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruchi Raina »

C Janet wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:12 The idea of reincarnation fascinates me. This promises to be an interesting read. Great review!
Thank you for your comment :D :tiphat:
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I have read this book. The book has an amazing storyline with a lot of historical information. It's great that you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the nice review.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruchi Raina »

Kaushiki Parihar wrote: 31 Jul 2021, 11:29 I have read this book. The book has an amazing storyline with a lot of historical information. It's great that you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the nice review.
True, it is an amazing book. Thank you for your comment :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”