Review of What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Review of What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage

Post by Mtibza eM »

[Following is a volunteer review of "What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage" by George P “Jeep” Naum, III.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I am not married, and I don’t think I will ever get married. I say this because I am heavily conflicted and confused by the very core concept of marriage. Marriage just doesn’t make sense to me, so I see it to be irrelevant and outdated. What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage is a nonfiction book written by George P “Jeep” Naum, III. It attracted me because it promised to address those very same issues that make me wary about marriage. This book is beautiful, helpful, and, most of all, it is educative.

In the introduction, the author starts by telling us his background, that he is not a marriage therapist, but rather he is a marriage coach with over 20 years of experience. He says that he is a happily married man for over 27 years. He says his marriage is what he has imagined it to be, and it is truly a gift from God. The first chapter is titled “Why Marry?” He opens this chapter by saying, “publicly declaring your love in front of friends and family in a formal ceremony makes your coupleness feel meaningful in a way that simply living together does not.” He also says, “a marriage contract puts a protective shell around your relationship that helps keep your bond strong when there are bumps in the road.” He continues to share his thoughts about marriage. He says that society benefits a lot from marriages. He says that kids who are born in healthy marriages are taught real-life values, and they get to be stable than kids who grow up in broken and unhealthy marriages. Most marriages end up in divorces because of infidelity, sex, and money, so the author addresses those three issues.

Chapter 2 is titled “Words.” Here, the author educates about the good choice of words when communicating with your partner. He shares practical methods to assist with better communication. The rest of the book features three different stories of different marriages from different generations, and after each story, the author shares what those couples got right or wrong in their marriages and how we as readers can learn from their mistakes.

What’s Forever For was simply amazing. I loved how straightforward it was. The author wasn’t repetitive about his thoughts. He didn’t come across as preachy or as if he knew everything about marriages. He was just guiding married individuals to solve their problems amicably by listening to each other. He was making them realise that every marriage is different, so couples shouldn’t compare theirs with others. If they could just create a healthy environment for each other so each one could say what they really feel and not bottle anything inside, they will have a transparent, trusting marriage.

The English language employed here was simple and easy to read. The text was flowing without any glitches. I loved the fact that after every chapter, there were few engaging questions that will test if you have learned anything. Some questions required your opinions, meaning there were no wrong or right answers. They just required you to reflect before answering.

The author shared few Biblical scriptures, making it obvious that he is a Christian. Although that was the case, the book wasn’t discriminating against any other religions or people, and it can definitely be enjoyed by everyone.

The only thing I can say I disliked about this book is that the three featured stories, more especially the last one, were very long, and they were filled with more narration than dialogue. I felt excluded from them. But other than that, What’s Forever For lived up to its promise of giving practical guides to marriages, to make them everlasting and successful. So I think people who are married will appreciate it. Its content, I believe, will be able to assist those whose marriages are rocky or not as fulfilling. The book does not judge. Although the author was not happy about divorces, he understood that sometimes if your marriage doesn’t benefit you, and there is no hope that it will change, then it will be best if you move on. I loved this. It showed that the author is in tune with reality.

What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage deserves the perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It seemed to be professionally edited because I came across no typography and grammatical errors. I highly recommend it. It is well researched, so the author knew what he was talking about.

What’s Forever For? A Physician’s Guide To Everlasting Love And Success In Marriage
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Wow way in interesting book. Marriage is a beautiful thing, once you are with the right person it's like match made in heaven
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

That's a great review you've written here. The simple guidance sounds useful and coming from a person who has been married for over 27 years. It only adds to the value of his words. Thanks for this interesting review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not married but it's good to know that there are ways to make a marriage work, of course with the proper committment from both spouses. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Thanks for a well-detailed review. I hope this author has been able to clear your doubt about getting married. Staying married is all about decision and discipline.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

I relate so much to the first couple of sentences written. I think this was a terrific review and I am honestly intrigued about the book. I don't believe marriage is necessary but I am open to what the author believes. Thank you for the review :)
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I was surprised that you read (and obviously liked) the book, especially because you stated up front that you didn’t believe in marriage. I'm curious if you've had a change of heart.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Based on your review, this book promises to be educational and real. Thanks for such a detailed review, I must get myself a copy.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

This is quite the in-depth review. Thanks for doing such great work.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Mtibza eM »

Wesusa wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 14:27 This is quite the in-depth review. Thanks for doing such great work.
Thank you very much for reading and leaving kind words.
Nqobile771 wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 02:01 Based on your review, this book promises to be educational and real. Thanks for such a detailed review, I must get myself a copy.
Thank you very much for stopping by.
Miriam Molina wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 19:32 I was surprised that you read (and obviously liked) the book, especially because you stated up front that you didn’t believe in marriage. I'm curious if you've had a change of heart.
No, it didn't change my mind, but it was not necessarily directed to people who are skeptical about marriages and it wasn't trying to convince people to get married, it was merely educating people who are already married and how they can make their marriages successful and loving.
RayRuff wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 11:40 I relate so much to the first couple of sentences written. I think this was a terrific review and I am honestly intrigued about the book. I don't believe marriage is necessary but I am open to what the author believes. Thank you for the review :)
Thank you for stopping by, RayRuff. I appreciate it.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Mtibza eM »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 15:36 Thanks for a well-detailed review. I hope this author has been able to clear your doubt about getting married. Staying married is all about decision and discipline.
Thank you very much, and no, I am still not planning to get married Lol :D
NetMassimo wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 15:30 I'm not married but it's good to know that there are ways to make a marriage work, of course with the proper committment from both spouses. Thank you for your great review!
Thank you very much for stopping by.
Kavita Shah wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 12:21 That's a great review you've written here. The simple guidance sounds useful and coming from a person who has been married for over 27 years. It only adds to the value of his words. Thanks for this interesting review!
Yes, it does, hey. Thank you for stopping by.
Miriam nkere wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 10:16 Wow way in interesting book. Marriage is a beautiful thing, once you are with the right person it's like match made in heaven
Yeah, hey. But I am still not convinced enough to plan to get married. But thank you for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I loved reading your detailed review, and I hope that the book provided the answers at the questions you didn't know you had :). Great work, thank you!
Joyful17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Talking (war) Dog by Daniel Tierney

Post by Joyful17 »

The book addresses a subject close to the heart of many. Many will benefit from the author's authentic views. Thanks for a thorough review.
Janet Kimetto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

Your review is detailed and absorbing. The writer has clearly lived a happy and satisfied life, and a lot of people will benefit from what he says. Well done, and thank you!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:

Post by Mtibza eM »

:tiphat:
C Janet wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 13:21 Your review is detailed and absorbing. The writer has clearly lived a happy and satisfied life, and a lot of people will benefit from what he says. Well done, and thank you!
Thank you very much.
Kike17 wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 07:21 The book addresses a subject close to the heart of many. Many will benefit from the author's authentic views. Thanks for a thorough review.
They sure will.
Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 10:57 I loved reading your detailed review, and I hope that the book provided the answers at the questions you didn't know you had :). Great work, thank you!
Nuh, it really didn't, you know. But I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”