Review by G_CReads -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
G_CReads
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-creads.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by G_CReads -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by G_CReads »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a story of history and magic. It is a story under the genre of other fiction. As an adventure story, it has the ability of drawing one's attention and helping the reader to get rid of boredom.

The story revolves around Sarah, a 13-year-old girl and Tom, Sarah's grandfather. Tom, his old friend William and Myra, William's daughter are planning to visit the Bear valley, where Tom's father was buried, so as to honor his father's remains and return a fossil thrower that he had found in his father's hat. Just before they leave, Sarah turns up at Tom's doorstep and announces herself as Tom's granddaughter. Unaware of Sarah's existence, Tom, William and Myra reluctantly decide to take Sarah along with them.

While they journey, they discover an artifact called atlatl in a land which a corporation named Buckhorn wants for development purposes. Discovering this ancient artifact could, as they hope, put a stop to that, thereby, preventing the area from being modernized. After drawing the image of a short faced bear she claims to have seen, Sarah disappears along with the artifact only to appear more than a week later with several injuries but she didn't reappear with the artifact. Did she lose her sanity? Will they be able to find the artifact? Read this intriguing story to find out.

What I like the most in Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is the imagery it creates in the mind of the reader. Sheldon takes his readers through series of adventures as he utilizes his skills in describing the scenes, hence, making the readers feel as if they're actually there, witnessing the scenes. The transition from modern to archaic times is highly commendable. One would agree with me that the book is a product of thorough research and accurate findings.

The style used by Sheldon, in writing this book, is spectacular. The characterization is outstanding. I was highly amazed at Sarah's character that I fell in love with it. I also like the way the story switches to Sarah's perspective, occasionally. Sheldon skillfully captured Sarah's perspective in the story.

I found no typo in the book. It is professionally edited. I also didn't encounter any profane language while reading. My indescribable love for this story leads me to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Due to the history arguments between Sergei and Myra in this story, I believe that lovers of historical fiction will derive great satisfaction from the book. I would also recommend it to lovers of mysticism. It is also suitable for all age groups.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading: Elysium Fire
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Central Swirlio by Quiche de Flurry

Post by NetMassimo »

Historical fiction is not my thing but this novel seems so much more than that with intriguing elements. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Amanda Dobson
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

The way you wrote the review makes the readers want to find out what happened when Sarah disappeared. It seems like this book has a little bit of every genre in it giving every reader what they want all in one fabulous book.
sanjus
2021 Reading Goal: 21
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: Sandcastles by Janet Stegman
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

Ancient artifact with magic appears to be interesting combination for entertainment. Thanks for your honest and insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.
G_CReads
Currently Reading:

Post by G_CReads »

NetMassimo wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 16:19 Historical fiction is not my thing but this novel seems so much more than that with intriguing elements. Thank you for your great review!
You're welcome :)
G_CReads
Currently Reading:

Post by G_CReads »

Amanda Dobson wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 21:39 The way you wrote the review makes the readers want to find out what happened when Sarah disappeared. It seems like this book has a little bit of every genre in it giving every reader what they want all in one fabulous book.
Thanks for those great words of yours. :)
G_CReads
Currently Reading:

Post by G_CReads »

sanjus wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 09:18 Ancient artifact with magic appears to be interesting combination for entertainment. Thanks for your honest and insightful review.
I appreciate your great commendation. :tiphat:
RayRuff
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayruff.html
Latest Review: The Loch by Dee Taylor

Post by RayRuff »

Thank you for the review. I like the concept of the book and the adventures sound interesting!
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Latest Review: The Loch by Dee Taylor
G_CReads
Currently Reading:

Post by G_CReads »

RayRuff wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 04:43 Thank you for the review. I like the concept of the book and the adventures sound interesting!
Yes!!! It sure does. 8)
ROSEYANN
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by ROSEYANN »

G_CReads wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 11:28 [Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a story of history and magic. It is a story under the genre of other fiction. As an adventure story, it has the ability of drawing one's attention and helping the reader to get rid of boredom.

The story revolves around Sarah, a 13-year-old girl and Tom, Sarah's grandfather. Tom, his old friend William and Myra, William's daughter are planning to visit the Bear valley, where Tom's father was buried, so as to honor his father's remains and return a fossil thrower that he had found in his father's hat. Just before they leave, Sarah turns up at Tom's doorstep and announces herself as Tom's granddaughter. Unaware of Sarah's existence, Tom, William and Myra reluctantly decide to take Sarah along with them.

While they journey, they discover an artifact called atlatl in a land which a corporation named Buckhorn wants for development purposes. Discovering this ancient artifact could, as they hope, put a stop to that, thereby, preventing the area from being modernized. After drawing the image of a short faced bear she claims to have seen, Sarah disappears along with the artifact only to appear more than a week later with several injuries but she didn't reappear with the artifact. Did she lose her sanity? Will they be able to find the artifact? Read this intriguing story to find out.

What I like the most in Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is the imagery it creates in the mind of the reader. Sheldon takes his readers through series of adventures as he utilizes his skills in describing the scenes, hence, making the readers feel as if they're actually there, witnessing the scenes. The transition from modern to archaic times is highly commendable. One would agree with me that the book is a product of thorough research and accurate findings.

The style used by Sheldon, in writing this book, is spectacular. The characterization is outstanding. I was highly amazed at Sarah's character that I fell in love with it. I also like the way the story switches to Sarah's perspective, occasionally. Sheldon skillfully captured Sarah's perspective in the story.

I found no typo in the book. It is professionally edited. I also didn't encounter any profane language while reading. My indescribable love for this story leads me to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Due to the history arguments between Sergei and Myra in this story, I believe that lovers of historical fiction will derive great satisfaction from the book. I would also recommend it to lovers of mysticism. It is also suitable for all age groups.

Strong Heart

Interesting and detailed review.
G_CReads
Currently Reading:

Post by G_CReads »

ROSEYANN wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 20:34
G_CReads wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 11:28 [Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart

Interesting and detailed review.
Thanks!!!
:)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”