Review by Bertha Jackson -- Surviving the Business of He...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Review by Bertha Jackson -- Surviving the Business of He...

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raised in a small two where her dad was one of two doctors, health care was much different than it is today. Many did not have health insurance and could barter for services. In her book, Surviving the Business of Healthcare--Knowledge is Power!, Barbara Galutia Regis, PA-C, provides information on the changes in healthcare over the years and the consequences that have occurred. A few of the topics covered include personal care and choices, different types of providers, elderly care, medical career roles, health costs, and insurance. The author's perspective comes from being a product of a family of doctors, a physician assistant, and a cancer patient. She draws upon her own experiences and those of her patients.

One of the most positive aspects of this book is that the author provides real-life scenarios, presents the consequences, provides thought-provoking points, and offers solutions. This format allows readers who have been in similar situations to understand the material better and apply it to their life events. At the end of the book, the pictures stress the reality of her childhood in a small town where her father's doctor's practice was in the home and their connection to the community. You do not see that anymore. I doubt if my doctor would know me if we passed on the street; he has too many patients to remember us all.

For me, the only negative aspect about this book is that the scenarios revolved more around her parents' and patients' experiences than on her experience with cancer. My decision in reading this book revolved around my curiosity to see if she had encountered some of the same experiences I had with my cancer. I anticipated this due to the book starting with her discussion of having cancer.

The only error I found in the book's Kindle edition is that the pictures at the end of the book do not align correctly with their titles. This may be an uploading issue, but the author needs to be aware that it exists. I am not counting them as errors, but they prevent me from saying the book is exceptionally edited. However, I can say that this book is well written and has been edited by a professional editor. For this reason, I gladly give this book 4 out of 4 stars. There is absolutely no reason to rate this book any lower.

I recommend that anyone who is facing health issues or knows of someone who is read this book. The author provides valuable advice and information dealing with health care and the related costs. You will learn what you can expect during your treatments. This book contains only one small borderline word of profanity.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 08:55 [Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raised in a small two where her dad was one of two doctors, health care was much different than it is today. Many did not have health insurance and could barter for services. In her book, Surviving the Business of Healthcare--Knowledge is Power!, Barbara Galutia Regis, PA-C, provides information on the changes in healthcare over the years and the consequences that have occurred. A few of the topics covered include personal care and choices, different types of providers, elderly care, medical career roles, health costs, and insurance. The author's perspective comes from being a product of a family of doctors, a physician assistant, and a cancer patient. She draws upon her own experiences and those of her patients.

One of the most positive aspects of this book is that the author provides real-life scenarios, presents the consequences, provides thought-provoking points, and offers solutions. This format allows readers who have been in similar situations to understand the material better and apply it to their life events. At the end of the book, the pictures stress the reality of her childhood in a small town where her father's doctor's practice was in the home and their connection to the community. You do not see that anymore. I doubt if my doctor would know me if we passed on the street; he has too many patients to remember us all.

For me, the only negative aspect about this book is that the scenarios revolved more around her parents' and patients' experiences than on her experience with cancer. My decision in reading this book revolved around my curiosity to see if she had encountered some of the same experiences I had with my cancer. I anticipated this due to the book starting with her discussion of having cancer.

The only error I found in the book's Kindle edition is that the pictures at the end of the book do not align correctly with their titles. This may be an uploading issue, but the author needs to be aware that it exists. I am not counting them as errors, but they prevent me from saying the book is exceptionally edited. However, I can say that this book is well written and has been edited by a professional editor. For this reason, I gladly give this book 4 out of 4 stars. There is absolutely no reason to rate this book any lower.

I recommend that anyone who is facing health issues or knows of someone who is read this book. The author provides valuable advice and information dealing with health care and the related costs. You will learn what you can expect during your treatments. This book contains only one small borderline word of profanity.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Thank you!! I look forward to reading this book soon. Healthcare is always a relevant and relatable issue for many,
Maroy Gloria Ailly
Favorite Book: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maroy-gloria-ailly.html
Latest Review: The Golden Manuscripts: A Novel by Evy Journey

Post by Maroy Gloria Ailly »

This books sounds like really a good one to read, especially knowing that some of the experiences are drawn from real life situations, unfortunately I have never had an experience with someone with a terminal or serious illness, so I'd find it hard to relate. I believe anyone who's had the exposure would enjoy the book more.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Is an interesting and very relevant topic these days. My dad was a doctor and I know, first hand, that problems with the healthcare system can be stressful for patients and families. Very good review, invites to read the book.
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

In this book, Barbara Galutia Regis, PA-C, provides information on the changes in healthcare over the years and the consequences that have occurred. I think this would be an interesting read. This is a good review.
onyii_review
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyii-review.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by onyii_review »

Seems like an interesting read. Heath information and books are fascinating to read. Thanks for the review.
Uzzy_Reviews
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

I pretty like the concept of this book as it's very much relevant in today's world.
Great work done by the reviewer.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Humeyra Karakas
Currently Reading: How children learn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humeyra-karakas.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Humeyra Karakas »

I reviewed this book recently and found it very informative. I think everybody needs to read a concise book like this to better prepare for an emergency. Great review.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

I definitely agree with you, her scenarios focused more on her parents and dad. but I did not find it as much of a spoiler from enjoying the book. Thank you for the review.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The book's emphasis on ethical considerations and patient rights serves as a reminder of the moral responsibilities within the healthcare profession, guiding readers towards ethical decision-making.
Raphael Raymondd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-raymondd.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Raphael Raymondd »

I would highly recommend this book to healthcare executives and professionals looking to enhance their understanding of the business side of healthcare.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”